PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] edge flip wall (move window between walls)

edwardtilbury
August 16th, 2009, 07:03 PM
How can I accomplish this? I have a window but I want to drag it to the right and have the walls automatically cycle just like the cube. I enabled edge flip and tried edge flip DnD but nothing seems to allow me to drag it to the right and have it flip to a new wall.

mcduck
August 16th, 2009, 07:11 PM
How can I accomplish this? I have a window but I want to drag it to the right and have the walls automatically cycle just like the cube. I enabled edge flip and tried edge flip DnD but nothing seems to allow me to drag it to the right and have it flip to a new wall.

"Edge Flip Move" should do it.

"Edge Flip Pointer" moves to next desktop when you move the mouse pointer over the side of the screen, and "Edge Flip DnD" is for drag&dropping things over the desktop edge.

edwardtilbury
August 16th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I disabled "edge flip move" then re-enabled it... but no flip action... is there another way to do this? or a workaround, perhaps a way to zoomout to expo mode and drag it by holding 2 buttons or something?

I have a "forward" button on my mouse that I never really use and wouldn't mind remapping, but I'm a noob at this whole compiz thing.

AmerNewbieInDE
August 16th, 2009, 09:44 PM
it depends on the mouse and button numbers, the forward thumb button on mine is 9, which happens to be the shortcut to expo, or key super+e

edwardtilbury
August 17th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I messed with disabling settings and enabling them.. I wish I remember which ones.. I rebooted 5 hours later and now it works!

woohoo