PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem Burning a DATA CD aka MP3 CD

nick987654321
August 16th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Using a CD-RW I have tried burning a Data CD with Brasero, K3b, and GnomeBaker, and none of them will play on my stereos. The CD's will play on my computer, but not on my stereos. I have tried using disk-at-once and track-at-once, nether work. If I use InfraRecorder in Windows the CD's will play on my stereos. Is there something I need to install in Unbuntu to get this to work?

halitech
August 16th, 2009, 04:54 PM
with K3B you want the New Audio CD project, not a data cd. If you are making data cds then you are basically just burning the mp3 files to disk and not creating an audio cd. You may need the Ubuntu-restricted-extras package to get mp3 support.

nick987654321
August 16th, 2009, 08:23 PM
with K3B you want the New Audio CD project, not a data cd. If you are making data cds then you are basically just burning the mp3 files to disk and not creating an audio cd. You may need the Ubuntu-restricted-extras package to get mp3 support.

I do not want to burn an audio CD, I do what to burn a DATA or MP3 CD. My stereos are MP3 compatible and have played DATA CD I've burned with Windows. My question is why aren't the CDs I burn with Ubuntu playing on my stereos.