PDA

View Full Version : anyone else watching track in berlin?

chucky chuckaluck
August 16th, 2009, 08:52 AM
bolt has improved his start. this could get ridiculous. it's a tight race for 2nd place (sorry about the rhyme).

ZankerH
August 16th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Wow, this wins the cryptic thread of the week award.

Horse races?

chucky chuckaluck
August 16th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Wow, this wins the cryptic thread of the week award.

Horse races?

dude, it's only cryptic if you live in a cave. it's the world track championships, held this year in the same stadium in which jesse owens had his triumphant olympics.

mali2297
August 16th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I'm not that much into sports, but I usually watch the high jump finals. Does anyone know this year's favorites? Any newcomers?

kevdog
August 16th, 2009, 09:39 PM
When are the 100 meter finals -- Not that they would show them here in the states.

benerivo
August 16th, 2009, 09:44 PM
This is the race...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc4E0b0s-ig

JillSwift
August 16th, 2009, 09:48 PM
http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/bolt-disney.jpg

kevdog
August 16th, 2009, 09:53 PM
If he would actually run through the finish -- well then that would be something.

chucky chuckaluck
August 16th, 2009, 10:05 PM
When are the 100 meter finals -- Not that they would show them here in the states.

they did, today.

If he would actually run through the finish -- well then that would be something.

he did, 9.58.

ice60
August 16th, 2009, 10:13 PM
i watched some of it. bolt is pretty fast lol, epecially if you consider the second fastest person ever was tyson gay's time in that very race! so you can see exactly how much faster he has run then any other man. tyson gay is much faster then every one else!

i just had a look and found the times here -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_metres#Top_thirteen_all-time_athletes_.E2.80.94_men

jessica ennis won gold in the heptathlon :D

chucky chuckaluck
August 16th, 2009, 10:41 PM
i watched some of it. bolt is pretty fast lol, epecially if you consider the second fastest person ever was tyson gay's time in that very race! so you can see exactly how much faster he has run then any other man. tyson gay is much faster then every one else!

i just had a look and found the times here -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_metres#Top_thirteen_all-time_athletes_.E2.80.94_men

jessica ennis won gold in the heptathlon :D

if you go by times, gay would be the third fastest, but as bolt has the 1st and 2nd fastest times, then i guess that would make gay the second fastest person (oops! my brain just crashed).

ennis was awesome.

ajy0852
August 16th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Gay looked really sharp, I wasn't sure about him after the heats... but Bolt is crazy.

I wish that NBC would cover the meets better. Sometimes I can catch European coverage online, the coverage and commentary is just at a different level. That's what really made the whole deal during last year's Olympics so frustrating for me. Show us some field events or something instead of 20 minutes of lead-up to the 100m.

ice60
August 16th, 2009, 10:58 PM
if you go by times, gay would be the third fastest, but as bolt has the 1st and 2nd fastest times, then i guess that would make gay the second fastest person (oops! my brain just crashed).

ennis was awesome.
lol

Gay looked really sharp, I wasn't sure about him after the heats... but Bolt is crazy.

I wish that NBC would cover the meets better. Sometimes I can catch European coverage online, the coverage and commentary is just at a different level. That's what really made the whole deal during last year's Olympics so frustrating for me. Show us some field events or something instead of 20 minutes of lead-up to the 100m.
if you can find a uk proxy the bbc probably has live coverage (on bbc1 or bbc2) and it has everything else saved on the iplayer. the coverage is good, but they obviously focus on the uk athletes a bit. michael johnson always works on the bbc.

kevdog
August 16th, 2009, 11:38 PM
He didnt run through the line you could see a slight slow up before the line with like 5 meters left -- not like the Olympics.