PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Evga e-geforce 6200 video card

Allyssiaa
August 15th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I had to reformat my pc and since then I have been having problems with downloading the driver. I have had to reformat 5 times to try to get it to work. I have put in the disk and my pc freezes, crashes and flickers. I went to the Evga site and downloaded the driver and still the same thing. I don't know if I have to download and then update or what. Please help going to go crazy with this thing. Thanks

running_rabbit07
August 16th, 2009, 01:26 AM
I had to reformat my pc and since then I have been having problems with downloading the driver. I have had to reformat 5 times to try to get it to work. I have put in the disk and my pc freezes, crashes and flickers. I went to the Evga site and downloaded the driver and still the same thing. I don't know if I have to download and then update or what. Please help going to go crazy with this thing. Thanks

When you start the LiveCD and click on your language, hit [F4] to do a text install, which is basically a low graphics installation.

After installed go to System>Administration>Hardware Drivers and sellect the top listed video driver.

I am adding a screenshot of getting to the menu. Of course your menu will look different but the listings will be the same.

Hope this helps.

Allyssiaa
August 16th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I tried that, but it doesnt have the lang option. I'm so confused and very frustrated. Thanks though

running_rabbit07
August 16th, 2009, 08:26 PM
You may need to download and use the Alternate Install ISO (http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors#alternate) to get the functions you need. I am sorry to see it is being difficult for you. Ubuntu really is awesome.