PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Ogio Messenger Bags

headflux
August 15th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I'm thinking of buying either the Ubuntu Ogio Messenger Bag or the Ubuntu Customised Ogio Messenger Bag from the Canonical store. Does anyone already have one, and if so what do you think of the quality?

toejamfootball
August 15th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I would like to know what people think of these too. The bag I take to Uni is on it's way out, and figured I'd get an Ubuntu one to replace it.

Screwdriver0815
August 15th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I have one. Its great!

very functional:

- sleeves for airplane tickets, water bottles, mobile phones, cables, accessories and so on

- very comfortable to carry

- the Laptop fits easy

and it also looks good and has a superb quality

koleoptero
August 15th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I want one too. Been wanting one for soem time actually.

headflux
August 15th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I have one. Its great!

very functional:

- sleeves for airplane tickets, water bottles, mobile phones, cables, accessories and so on

- very comfortable to carry

- the Laptop fits easy

and it also looks good and has a superb quality

Cool. Which one do you have?

Skripka
August 15th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Are you planning on using the bag for commuting on bike, or are you just wanting a bag for wandering around?

headflux
August 15th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Are you planning on using the bag for commuting on bike, or are you just wanting a bag for wandering around?

Just wandering around and general use really.

Screwdriver0815
August 15th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Cool. Which one do you have?

this one:

https://shop.canonical.com/images/ubn00052.jpg

Skripka
August 15th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Just wandering around and general use really.

So long as that is what you'll use it for it should be fine.

If you were to be commuting by bike I'd suggest a bone fide messanger bag, with plastic weather-proof liner and waist strap-such as Chrome sells.

tuskenraider
August 15th, 2009, 05:21 PM
i have the blue version.. its a great bag.. i love it... tho it says it fits a 17 inch lappy and it will but its SNUG! so snug infact that it took a little while for the fabric to stretch so i could fully zip up the bag..

The only thing i dont like about it .. are the clips at the ends of the strap... on both sides.. they are rectangles, and what ends up happening is the strap and the connecter fabric on the bag itself become bunched in the ends of the plastic rectangle. its slightly annoying.. but other than that... great bag... lots o space lots o pockets.

I can fit.. my 17inch acer 1040z laptop with cord trackball pens pencils a thin book and misc odds and ends in it...

i very much suggest getting it if your getting a messenger bag.

tusken