PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sync with enV3?

mrd489
August 15th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Is it possible to sync mp3's between Ubuntu and an enV3? When I connect my phone to my computer, the Sync Music screen comes up but the computer shows no sign that it has been connected.

totalhealth
August 31st, 2009, 12:43 AM
You can't use the ENV3 music sync feature, but you can get arround it. You can only do it if you buy a micro-SD card and use it in the phone (this is true on Windows and Mac also). After you put in the card do the following.

1. On your phone go to setting and tools -> USB Mode and select "Ask On Plug"
2. Connect the phone to your computer using the USB cable. When it asks you if you want Music or Modem hit the End key (should go back to the main screen)
3. Now open the main menu again and select settings and tools -> Tools -> USB Mass Storage

Your phone will now connect like any USB drive. You can move files back and forth between your micro SD card and your computer. It won't automatically sync everythinig, but you can easily get stuff back and forth.

Hope this helps...

Amaroq
September 27th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I tried what you described, including buying an 8 gig micro SD card. Nothing happens.

I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 amd64.

totalhealth
October 17th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Can you give more information about what happens? When you connect your phone does the phone ask you Music or Modem? If you get past that step, do you have any trouble selecting settings and tools -> Tools -> USB Mass Storage on your phone? After this last step you should have a new icon on your desktop (usually just called mass storage device or something like that). If you see this icon double click on it to open it and just copy your files over.

Amaroq
October 18th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Oh, I didn't realize you were supposed to select USB Storage after the Music/Data choice on the phone.