PDA

View Full Version : fish + milk= sick?

yogurt eater
August 15th, 2009, 02:29 AM
I love to keep myself healthy and I eat lots of healthy foods, veggies and fruits.
I have been told by my family that eating fish and milk the same day might cause some sort of skin disease that whitens your skin or you get white spots on your skin etc. Is this true?
I searched on google and different forums and some of them say its a religious/ cultural tradition. That does not apply to me at all.
Does anyone know if this is true?

Dr Small
August 15th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Try it and find out. If it's true, please tell us.

NovaAesa
August 15th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Sounds like one of those silly myths to me. Like how Koreans believe that if they go to sleep with a fan in the room turned on they will die.

Arup
August 15th, 2009, 03:00 AM
This is quite prevalent in India, specially in Bengal. Its a myth with no solid background. Lots of fish dishes are cooked with milk, specially European dishes from France, Germany and other regions, no one gets skin problems. India is the harbinger of all these nonsensical myths, another one being eating beef would give you skin disease, totally riduculous.

blithen
August 15th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Try it and find out. If it's true, please tell us.

I lol'd.

But honestly, sounds like a load of BS.

yogurt eater
August 15th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Thats what I thought. But have you guys tried it?

TheNessus
August 15th, 2009, 03:07 AM
of course. You should try baked Salmon with cream sauce. HEAVEN.

Bölvağur
August 15th, 2009, 03:24 AM
You are joking right?
This might possibly be one of the most nonsensical thing I have ever heard since "ohh gosh, I got AIDS, why don't I just ra...." well the rest of the African derived myth about the cure of AIDS is too disturbing for the Ubuntuforum community and some children (from Africa).

I have often eaten fish, and even the same day I ate cereals for breakfast.

What amazes me is that... just... :-k umm.... where is the decease suppose to come from? A virus that only thrives in humans that eat both fish and drink milk the same day :confused:

oh wait... I got it... they got allergy for fish AND milk (note that I mean the combination of it... very rare)

Yes
August 15th, 2009, 03:27 AM
I eat fish and drink milk in the same meal all the time. So does the rest of my family. I assure you, that's not true.

yogurt eater
August 15th, 2009, 03:44 AM
thanks guys! well, when i ate fish, i used to eat diary products or milk the next day.
no allergies on foods of any kind.
i guess its a myth then...

HappinessNow
August 15th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I love to keep myself healthy and I eat lots of healthy foods, veggies and fruits.
I have been told by my family that eating fish and milk the same day might cause some sort of skin disease that whitens your skin or you get white spots on your skin etc. Is this true?
I searched on google and different forums and some of them say its a religious/ cultural tradition. That does not apply to me at all.
Does anyone know if this is true?

Fish and Milk are two of the worst things in the world you can consume.

Fish are filters for all the contaminants that end up in the water, and are known for alarming levels of mercury.

Milk is from a bunch of steroid and anti-biotic over dosed bovines.

Stay away from both at all times!!!

gn2
August 15th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Fish and milk go very well together, especially in Cullen skink (http://thefoody.com/soups/cullenskink.html).

HappinessNow
August 15th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Fish and milk go very well together, especially in Cullen skink (http://thefoody.com/soups/cullenskink.html).

...or in a blender pureed and mixed with raw egg, a nice early morning energy drink.

Chronon
August 15th, 2009, 09:00 AM

Fish are filters for all the contaminants that end up in the water, and are known for alarming levels of mercury.

No objections to directly eating the steroid and anti-biotic over-dosed bovines?

Chronon
August 15th, 2009, 09:01 AM
...or in a blender pureed and mixed with raw egg, a nice early morning energy drink.

Now you're talking!

gn2
August 15th, 2009, 09:06 AM

You won't get much energy from that lot, protein yes, energy no.

MikeTheC
August 15th, 2009, 09:10 AM

No, but I have continued to look after I already found something once. The world didn't come to an end.

Oh sh$#)(*#&#*&(#DF<NMVF)$

NO CARRIER

yogurt eater
August 15th, 2009, 06:28 PM
now am confused with all the different posts.
are there any facts I can look at?
any doctors here?:P

MasterNetra
August 15th, 2009, 06:54 PM
now am confused with all the different posts.
are there any facts I can look at?
any doctors here?:P

Don't be confused its a totally ridiculous myth with no merit. The issue you could possibly have is if your allergic to either the fish or milk (aka lactose intolerant). The notion of getting a disease from simply eating both within the same day or even at the same time is stupid. If you do get a disease it wouldn't be because of this the odds are the Fish wasn't cooked long enough or the milk was contaminated.

MythAaron
August 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Actually poaching fish in milk is one of the best ways to have fish. It comes out very moist and tasty.

running_rabbit07
August 15th, 2009, 07:39 PM

And fruit and veggies absorb all the contaminants poured on the dirt.

And pigs waddle in mud and eat nastiness.

And chickens eat the veggies that weren't good enough for people.

I guess that leaves us with starving?

harry2006
August 15th, 2009, 07:40 PM
its all BS man!!! and yes its the same as the way koreans believe about fans[someone's already mentioned]...damn #%^#$ ****...

mobilediesel
August 15th, 2009, 07:46 PM
No, but I have continued to look after I already found something once. The world didn't come to an end.

Oh sh$#)(*#&#*&(#DF<NMVF)$

NO CARRIER

Dang, line noise followed by NO CARRIER

I haven't seen that in awhile! I remember on some BBS or another there was a code to pause text, so I would make people think they went offline! Sysops weren't amused by it too much... proving that it WAS hilarious.

chucky chuckaluck
August 15th, 2009, 09:14 PM
yup, chowder has nearly wiped out the entire population of new england.