PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Introduction and twinview question

Rouphis
August 15th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I have been using linux since around 2004 as a fulltime desktop system. I started with Red Hat 7.2, then played with SuSE for a brief time before using slackware for a few years. After i had my fill of .tgz packages and endless dependcey issue, I moved to Gentoo for 3 years, then recently gave Slackware a nother try. All the while, I always used KDE. I installed ubuntu 3 days ago, and like it quite a bit. Its most inpressive feature, is that it simply works. Everything intermingles flawlessly, but this GNOME thing is throwing me for a loop. I have my twinview now setup and behaving well, with the exception of two issues.

1. How do I stretch the task bars accross both screens? It was much more straightforward in KDE.

2. How can I unlock maximized windows, so that I can move them to the other screen, without unmaximizing them first?

Thank You
-Rouphis

PureLoneWolf
August 15th, 2009, 03:11 AM
I am not sure about #1 as I personally prefer to have an independent task bar per screen.

For #2, grab the maximised application and drag it to the center of the screen...it will unmaximise itself - Drag it across to the top of the other screen and it will maximise again.

Hope that helps

Rouphis
August 16th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Well, That takes care of one of my issues. Now if I could just extend the task bars, all will be right in the universe. :D

-Roupihs