PDA

View Full Version : any dog owners here.

cmay
August 14th, 2009, 07:13 PM
any dog owners here .

i have one wonderful friend in my old dog which i live with alone.
i had my dog for long time now. i just checked when i got her and it was the 7/3 2000
and she was a year old when i got her. so i did not have her from puppy. i house trained her though.

i could not imagine not having a dog since i been raised with having dogs around . a couple of month ago i spend a lot of money on surgery for her. she had gotten very sick and needed to get an operation to live.

it cost me 8500 Danish kroner. its around two month rent but she was worth it and doing fine now.
here is some pictures of her. i just took them a month after her operation.

http://gemdet.nu/thumb-BFC7_4A7B5217.jpg (http://gemdet.nu/share-BFC7_4A7B5217.html)

http://gemdet.nu/thumb-3F38_4A7B5217.jpg (http://gemdet.nu/share-3F38_4A7B5217.html)

http://gemdet.nu/thumb-EB92_4A7B5217.jpg (http://gemdet.nu/share-EB92_4A7B5217.html)

HappinessNow
August 14th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I don't have a dog but I would like to get a Komondor one day.

There are some great Komondor pictures here (http://www.komondor.ru/foto.html) and here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDS5Hnt_zw8) is a video of Komondors playing.

Arup
August 14th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Four of them, you can see one on my avatar pic, makes our daily life worth living for.

pizza-is-good
August 14th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I've had some in the past, have none now, and want to get one in the future.

decoherence
August 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I'm glad to hear your doggie is okay.

I have a fourteen year old Groenendael and a two year old Tervuren (Belgian Sheepdogs)

They constantly astound me with their intelligence and emotions. God they are clever dogs!

Unfortunately, a young family saw my dogs, fell in love and got one for themselves. The thing is a nightmare; they have no control over it, it is terribly behaved, their kid is scared of it and they no longer think so highly of the breed.

In that way my dogs are kinda like Linux. They're the best dogs in the world (imho) as long as you're willing to put the effort in to getting them up and running properly (trained.) Not good dogs for people with no training experience (or wrong training experience.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Shepherd_Dog

cmay
August 14th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Unfortunately, a young family saw my dogs, fell in love and got one for themselves. The thing is a nightmare; they have no control over it, it is terribly behaved, their kid is scared of it and they no longer think so highly of the breed.

In that way my dogs are kinda like Linux. They're the best dogs in the world (imho) as long as you're willing to put the effort in to getting them up and running properly (trained.) Not good dogs for people with no training experience (or wrong training experience.)

thats sad when that happens. but i see that many times too. people dont have the time to learn about having dogs .

my dog i had to house train. but all other things i did not need to teach her. she was raised by an older dog before i got her so when i got her she just tuned into what i had set up as rules and followed them .

that said i have not been on vacation for as long as i had my dog. i been at the hospital a few times but i never had anytime of the duty of being dog owner. its not easy all the time either. but i would never be with out my dog if i can help it. she is by my side always. she sleeps next to my bed on the floor and she follows me around the house when i go from room to room. if she is not asleep. as a young dog she was always running after me no matter where i was .

blithen
August 14th, 2009, 08:19 PM
First off Cmay, Im extremely glad your dog is doing fine, I have a soft spot for the fluffly things. Also shes beautiful.

Second, I have always had a dog by my side since I was little, recently though I haven't, we have a cat now. :| But When i move out I defiantly want a dog of my own. probably a lab or a sheep dog.

SunnyRabbiera
August 14th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I have a cat that acts like a dog

cmay
August 14th, 2009, 09:05 PM
First off Cmay, Im extremely glad your dog is doing fine, I have a soft spot for the fluffly things. Also shes beautiful.

Second, I have always had a dog by my side since I was little, recently though I haven't, we have a cat now. :| But When i move out I defiantly want a dog of my own. probably a lab or a sheep dog.
thanks.

i would recommend the labrador if you have access to water nearby. they love it and are really nice dogs.

my dog is a blend between these two races.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labrador_Retriever
the lab and the german shepherd.
http://www.westlord.com/germanshepherd/

both are nice dogs and i am lucky to have best of both. i always loved the yellow labradors. we had one when i was a kid . its a good dog. especially with kids.

t0p
August 14th, 2009, 10:34 PM
I have a 4 years old American bulldog bitch called 'dd' after the renowned *nix utility. She's a real handful, being big and strong and excitable. I got her as a rescue dog a couple of years ago, and she's calmed down a heck of a lot since then. But she's still very hectic. Loving and lovable, but hectic.

A couple of pretty pictures attached.

cmay
August 14th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I have a 4 years old American bulldog bitch called 'dd' after the renowned *nix utility. She's a real handful, being big and strong and excitable. I got her as a rescue dog a couple of years ago, and she's calmed down a heck of a lot since then. But she's still very hectic. Loving and lovable, but hectic.

A couple of pretty pictures attached.

i had to take care for an American bulldog for six month once. they are nice animals. i liked it very much. i think the first picture could be a great wallpaper or avatar.

great photos. give her a bone and say hi from me :)

PartsMan
August 14th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Two Dogs here. A major part of our family.
The oldest, Nestle, is half chocolate lab and half stray. He was from the shelter. The best most grateful dog I have ever owned. He will put himself between my family and a stranger without them even catching on. I am certain he would protect them to the end.

The other is my blue healer(Australian cattle dog). She is very ornery but loves us all. She babies my son like her own. Also she won't let a squirrel within a block of my house.

running_rabbit07
August 14th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I have a German Shepard we found at the SPCA as a 9 month old. She is scared of men, we are guessing because her previous owners were using her as a bait dog and dropped her for dead on the side of the road with her throat torn open. They stitched her up and made her into and it, then we adopted her.

My 5 year old takes the dog everywhere she goes to make sure there are no ghosts hiding in the next room. I taught her that so I wouldn't have to get up every time she wants to go play in another room. The dog isn't trainable. At least not by me. If I approach her wrong she will wet herself.

She is well behaved though and gets very territorial when a hispanic male comes around. I guess we know who was beating her when she was a pup.

She does seem small so we think she may be a cross breed with a Belgian Shepard.

nubimax
August 14th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I belong to a 7 year old yellow lab and a 3 year old black lab they take me for a walk morning and evening. and at 70 it is hard walking these mountains but they insist.
M

cmay
August 14th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I have a German Shepard we found at the SPCA as a 9 month old. She is scared of men, we are guessing because her previous owners were using her as a bait dog and dropped her for dead on the side of the road with her throat torn open. They stitched her up and made her into and it, then we adopted her.

My 5 year old takes the dog everywhere she goes to make sure there are no ghosts hiding in the next room. I taught her that so I wouldn't have to get up every time she wants to go play in another room. The dog isn't trainable. At least not by me. If I approach her wrong she will wet herself.

She is well behaved though and gets very territorial when a hispanic male comes around. I guess we know who was beating her when she was a pup.

She does seem small so we think she may be a cross breed with a Belgian Shepard.

this is a very sweet looking dog. her background story makes me very sad . but i can see it has a very good home with you. it looks fine and well and its hard to imagine such background story. all i can say is that i wish the very best for you and the dog. and thanks for taking care of her.

running_rabbit07
August 14th, 2009, 11:39 PM
this is a very sweet looking dog. her background story makes me very sad . but i can see it has a very good home with you. it looks fine and well and its hard to imagine such background story. all i can say is that i wish the very best for you and the dog. and thanks for taking care of her.

It is sad that the feds are finding all these dog fighting rings. Our dog was definitely a victim from it, but yes she has a good home now. She is a great dog.

BTW, I also have a green parakeet and a spoiled rotten cat.

cptrohn
August 15th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I have a 2 year old red dobe that is my best buddy..

The great thing about him is the later I stay out the more excited he is to see me.... he thinks I am hilarious and fun when I have had a couple of drinks and he never complains if I leave the toilet seat up...

LOL

cmay
August 15th, 2009, 12:31 AM
It is sad that the feds are finding all these dog fighting rings. Our dog was definitely a victim from it, but yes she has a good home now. She is a great dog.

cute cat. its a good picture of it. i suppose does the dog and cat get along.

when i was a kid we had a dog that slept with a bunch of our cats kittens . i have a picture in my old album of it. i dont have them digital . but we used to keep the kittens inside and the dog more or less took care of them. most cats we had was outside and more or less just wildcards but we had many of them and many was also used to humans. the kittys was important to tame so they did not edn up being wildcats . it was a fun sight when the dog shared his food and bed wiht the kitttens i remember. that was a golden retriever by the way.

running_rabbit07
August 15th, 2009, 12:42 AM
cute cat. its a good picture of it. i suppose does the dog and cat get along.

when i was a kid we had a dog that slept with a bunch of our cats kittens . i have a picture in my old album of it. i dont have them digital . but we used to keep the kittens inside and the dog more or less took care of them. most cats we had was outside and more or less just wildcards but we had many of them and many was also used to humans. the kittys was important to tame so they did not edn up being wildcats . it was a fun sight when the dog shared his food and bed wiht the kitttens i remember. that was a golden retriever by the way.

When we first brought the dog home she was jealous of the cat. Now she only chases the cat if we say kitty when the cat is visible. For the most part the cat stays upstairs and the dog stays downstairs. The cat will just lay there halfway up the steps screaming at the dog while she runs around barking. The dog hates the bird. I had it in the cage carrying it through the house and she tried to eat the cage.

MikeTheC
August 15th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Nope, I don't own a dog.

My cat won't let me have any pets.

MikeTheC
August 15th, 2009, 01:06 AM

So, how's that domestication training you've been getting coming along? :shock: :p

Don't worry, it shouldn't take much longer, just the rest of your life.

running_rabbit07
August 15th, 2009, 01:10 AM
So, how's that domestication training you've been getting coming along? :shock: :p

Don't worry, it shouldn't take much longer, just the rest of your life.

Lol! We put the parakeet outside on the patio to scream at the pigeons that keep getting in the pool.

The cat loved the bird when it was inside though.

yogurt eater
August 15th, 2009, 02:37 AM
I have a medium size canine (Canis et griffon in europe)
she is very smart and she listens very carefully when someone talks to her.
she is 10 years old and she keeps smiling! :)

#11u-max
August 15th, 2009, 04:33 AM
i have a 2 year old german shepard/chow/heinz 57 dog named molly. she follows me everywhere when i ride my bicycle. she was my uncle's dog but she got out of his house and was living in the shed where i keep my racing kart parts. i found her one day when i was plundering through some of my old stuff. my mom didn't want me tohave the dog but, i kept her in the shed behind the house for about a week and my dad took me to get a tie out cable for her. that meant we could keep her! :D

she figured out how to:
undo collars
slip out of harnesses
pop clips on tie-out cables
jump fences
escape shock collars
cause gemeral mayhem
and hot to catch/eat chickens

she is a chicken eating escape artist, but she is my molly!!! :D

chris1950
August 15th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I have always loved them. Hi from an Expat in China.

running_rabbit07
August 15th, 2009, 06:11 PM
i have a 2 year old german shepard/chow/heinz 57 dog named molly. she follows me everywhere when i ride my bicycle. she was my uncle's dog but she got out of his house and was living in the shed where i keep my racing kart parts. i found her one day when i was plundering through some of my old stuff. my mom didn't want me tohave the dog but, i kept her in the shed behind the house for about a week and my dad took me to get a tie out cable for her. that meant we could keep her! :D

she figured out how to:
undo collars
slip out of harnesses
jump fences
escape shock collars
cause gemeral mayhem

She has the born to free and never go hungry mentality.

cmay
August 15th, 2009, 06:23 PM

she figured out how to:
undo collars
slip out of harnesses
jump fences
escape shock collars
cause gemeral mayhem

A friend of mine had a old labrador that had found out the fetch chickens from a farm nearby. it did not hurt them or anything but it off course stole them from somewhere. its a small town and everyone knows each other and to find out where the chickens was coming from was no problem. they all thought it was funny the first time but after a couple of times they rather not have the dog stealing their chickens if possible.

running_rabbit07
August 19th, 2009, 01:24 AM
A friend of mine had a old labrador that had found out the fetch chickens from a farm nearby. it did not hurt them or anything but it off course stole them from somewhere. its a small town and everyone knows each other and to find out where the chickens was coming from was no problem. they all thought it was funny the first time but after a couple of times they rather not have the dog stealing their chickens if possible.

Need to name that dog Lucky, it was lucky it didn't end up on the wrong end of a shotgun with the way some people are these days.

tom66
August 19th, 2009, 01:31 AM
We have a dog called Charlie, he's a West Highland Terrier... not much to say about him 'cept he's a nice companion.

Frak
August 19th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Purebred Miniature Phantom Schnauzer. I named her "Tayen", which is a Native American name for "New moon".