PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Four remaining installation issues that are still lingering

Platypus123
August 14th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I've had Ubuntu running on my system for the past few weeks now and have four issues that I have yet to find a solution on. The first three are specific to when I turn the computer off.

1. I use the Logitech G15 keyboard and have it working fine with G15 Tools and the G15 Daemon, however, sometimes the backlit keys turn off when I power the system off, and sometimes they don't. More often than not they stay on. I've read that this is a motherboard jumper issue, but my MB, A8N-SLI Premium, doesn't seem to have USB jumpers, so I'm not sure how to solve the problem.

2. The Ubuntu splash I had to fix manually to get it to display properly on bootup, but it still looks strange on shutdown. The resolution is fine, but the colours look messed up. I can't find anything on just the shutdown splash as all problems seem to pertain to both. I managed to correct the bootup splash resolution with menu.lst, but I'm not sure how to adjust the colours, or even what to do, to fix the shutdown splash.

3. I require the system beeps to alert me of any hardware failures with my system, but don't need it to go into a beeping frenzy every time I shut the computer down. Is there a way to disable the sound when the system powers down?

4. I have an external hard drive that takes both firewire and USB connections. No issues with USB, but I can't get firewire to work. I'm aware that some tinkering is necessary to implement firewire with Linux, and I believe I managed to get the firewire kernels to load at boot, but still no go. The majority of the solutions I've found is with regards to camcorders. Not so much on external HDDs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Platypus123
August 18th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Bump

Platypus123
November 24th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Bump.

(#2 resolved with Karmic)