PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Forced into single user mode after installing ultimate edition 2.3 themes.

l0stpr0ph3ts223
August 14th, 2009, 06:19 AM
ok, so I'm new to the forums, and Ubuntu all-together; although I have come to understand the slightest bit of the "terminology". So I downloaded Ultamatix, and started downloading some cool new packages and stuff. Well after downloading a firewall, some plugins for mozilla, and some Ultimate Edition 2.3 themes, I restarted the system. When the system was turning back on, it showed the Dell bootup logo (which is normal) and then it went to the grub boot menu. I selected my default boot option (the one at the top) and it was going through the start-up processes, but then it forced the computer into single user mode. It prompted me for the username and password, then went to a giant terminal screen. I can't connect to my wireless internet, and an ethernet connection to my modem doesn't seem to work. I have no idea what's wrong, but it has to be something I downloaded with Ultamatix because before I started using it, everything was fine. Please stick to pretty basic stuff, because I'm still pretty new to this >.<

oboedad55
August 14th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Hi there, I run Ultimate E#dition 2.3 as well. YOu might want to give their forum a try here at:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/

Good luck, it sounds like you might be in for a reinstall.