PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] alternative for Beyluxe Messenger

MBG1987
August 14th, 2009, 01:14 AM
I was using Beyluxe Messenger on windows before migration to linux, so is there any alternative program to that messenger on ubuntu ?

Diabolis
August 14th, 2009, 01:53 AM
I think this are the most popular messenger clients:

emesene
kopete (not sure if its multi-protocol)
pidgin (aol, messenger, gmail, yahoo, etc)
amsn

Skype is available for Linux, the open source equivalent is Ekiga

For chat rooms you can use IRC channels, a popular client for that is XChat.

doorknob60
August 14th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Lol that;s funny. http://www.google.com/search?q=Beyluxe+pidgin&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Googling shows up this thread. Anyways, you won't be able to connect to Beyluxe protocol, but I doubt that many people use it (do they? I've never heard of it...). Pidgin (GTK) and Kopete (KDE) both support all the popular protocols like MSN, AIM, Yahoo, Jabber/Google Talk, and some other less known protocols. Skype also has a native Linux client. You can also use a program like Xchat (GTK) or Konversation (KDE) to connect to IRC networks. If you really need it though, you could try installing it in Wine.

ejlal
July 4th, 2010, 05:23 AM
hey

did anyone get beyluxe working through wine?...i cant get any sound out of it!!

sabithn
July 17th, 2010, 11:40 PM
I couldn't get beyluxe to work either using wine. Can someone pls post a possible solution.

mubas32
October 30th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Any solution?

oldos2er
October 30th, 2012, 05:22 PM
If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.