PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] need help with opening exectuable bios flash

steve19137
August 14th, 2009, 12:54 AM
so im following http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=318789 to flash the bios of my other computer, where i want to run ubuntu on. ill be switching hard drives after i get the bios to work. so in the mentioned tutorial, if have gotten to the part entitled Unzipping the .EXE. and i cant unzip my exe. i have included a link to my bios flash incase someone can get it to open, maybe they can upload and archive of the files. but i would rather be able to open the file myself. so any help would be appreciated. i get the following text when i try to open it with archive manager:

[/home/steven/Desktop/sp35954.exe]
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/steven/Desktop/sp35954.exe or
/home/steven/Desktop/sp35954.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/steven/Desktop/sp35954.exe.ZIP, period.

this tells me that it isnt a self-extracting file. here is the link to the bios. just click download only at the top.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-51160-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=2093&product=3370404

thanks for any help.

steve19137
August 14th, 2009, 03:19 PM
bump

so i got the executable files. i opened the flasher in win. xp with winrar, got the files to a usb stick, then swaped my hard drives back again to ubuntu, and got the files to the desktop. now when i go to put the flashing stuff in the mounted freedos image, it says that there isnt enough space. how do i solve that?

while your answering that, i thought i would go a different way. i pulled the freedos files to my desktop with my flashing files, then made an iso out of it, then burned to a cdrw. well, it failed. any help here?