PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Repartition Windows after install with Wubi

wackzingo
August 13th, 2009, 06:18 AM
I just installed the latest version of Ubuntu on a Dell Latitude from within Windows XP Pro using Wubi on a thumb drive. I used this method because I don't have a working CD/DVD drive and can't boot from USB.

My filesystem now looks like this:

/host/ubuntu/disks/root.disk / ext3 4.6GiB
/host/ubuntu/disks/boot /boot none 37.3GiB
/dev/sda1 /host fuseblk 37.3GiB

I can't use a live or other disk where I must boot from that media since my CD/DVD doesn't work and I can't boot from USB. From this point how can I erase Windows and expand the current ubuntu partition. In other words, I want the entire drive to to be used by ubuntu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

raymondh
August 13th, 2009, 05:20 PM
I just installed the latest version of Ubuntu on a Dell Latitude from within Windows XP Pro using Wubi on a thumb drive. I used this method because I don't have a working CD/DVD drive and can't boot from USB.

My filesystem now looks like this:

/host/ubuntu/disks/root.disk / ext3 4.6GiB
/host/ubuntu/disks/boot /boot none 37.3GiB
/dev/sda1 /host fuseblk 37.3GiB

I can't use a live or other disk where I must boot from that media since my CD/DVD doesn't work and I can't boot from USB. From this point how can I erase Windows and expand the current ubuntu partition. In other words, I want the entire drive to to be used by ubuntu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It being wubi, when you erase windows, you erase ubuntu as well.

From the wubi guide (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide#How%20do%20I%20migrate%20to%20a%20real%2 0partition,%20and/or%20get%20rid%20of%20Windows%20entirely?).

Back-up, pls. :) I have not done migrating and cannot guarantee its' success.

Raymond