PDA

View Full Version : When an mp4 touchscreen android powered?

ilcontegis
August 13th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Hi everyone.
I was wondering if somebody has some news concerning the possibility to produce a mp4 player with android on....
Like the ipod touch but with android.
I read time ago about the possibility to see android on the sony walkman series, but then no more news.

Does somebody knows anything?

Thank you
Teo

.Maleficus.
August 13th, 2009, 02:13 AM
I posted a thread about this before, but it got like 2 replies :(. Anyways...

The Zii Egg.

http://www.zii.com/Developer/SDKProducts.aspx

Edit: The homepage (http://www.zii.com/Developer/Landing.aspx)

http://images.zii.com/images/sdk/Landing_Top.jpg

ilcontegis
August 13th, 2009, 07:16 AM
400$ for something is in pre-development?
Is not a bit too much expensive?
Thank you very much for the link but is too expensive and the brand is unknown.

I prefer to wait if there is nothing at the moment so, and then take some good brand like sony or creative, in this way if I have a problem I can easily find a shop to fix it.

Thank you again, I will follow this project hoping is something a bit cheaper.

Nburnes
August 13th, 2009, 07:23 AM
The brand is Creative......

ilcontegis
August 13th, 2009, 02:47 PM
The brand is Creative......
wow I did not know....very good..
but when they will release the first mass product?

.Maleficus.
August 13th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Yep, Zii is a Creative project.

As for releasing mass product, I have no idea. It's actually a really good deal right now though - $400 may sound steep, but you aren't actually paying for the device at all, you're paying for the Plazsma SDK. They're giving you a free Zii Egg for purchasing the Plazsma SDK, which will still be $400 when the device comes out. Of course, you don't actually need the SDK, unless you want to develop Plazsma apps, but since I would want to it's not a bad deal.

NOTE: Plazsma is NOT Android, the Zii Egg can run vanilla Android and Zii's Plazsma OS. They aren't charging $400 to develop Android apps.

ilcontegis
August 14th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Yep, Zii is a Creative project.

As for releasing mass product, I have no idea. It's actually a really good deal right now though - $400 may sound steep, but you aren't actually paying for the device at all, you're paying for the Plazsma SDK. They're giving you a free Zii Egg for purchasing the Plazsma SDK, which will still be $400 when the device comes out. Of course, you don't actually need the SDK, unless you want to develop Plazsma apps, but since I would want to it's not a bad deal.

NOTE: Plazsma is NOT Android, the Zii Egg can run vanilla Android and Zii's Plazsma OS. They aren't charging $400 to develop Android apps.

I see, so why create again another OS if there is already android that is working so well? Moreover as android is becoming really famous leaving the choice to the customer, who will buy the Zii with Plazsma? I think that everybody will choose android.
Is a bit pointless for me but.......

Now I understood how it works, thank you very much for the explanation! Do you really think that when this device will go out on market will really be 400$?
As I am Italian living in Japan I think that even if I make ship it to Italy or Japan I may have to pay extra taxes, making the price raise until 500$ or more......I need to understand how it works for taxes. If I can get it for 400$ is not that bad finally (I did not know that the Ipod touch was so expensive....)

ilcontegis
September 18th, 2009, 01:08 AM
any news on a future release?

ilcontegis
October 5th, 2009, 01:33 AM
somebody bought the new archos 5 tablet with android?