PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HELP, wireless and pppoe work, but only until I restart.

googeek
August 13th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Here's what I'm doing.
A regular, typical install
I then, connect to my wireless, which is automatically detected with my hwu8dd high gain dish. I then run "sudo pppoeconf", and click yes on everything but "start at boot"
Then, my internet works, Everything is fine. that's how I'm typing this now.
Here's the issue:

When I restart, Dlink is no longer automatically connected, and the wireless network, is replaced by "Device not managed"

Because I can't connect to Dlink, I obviously cant get on my PPPoe.
PLease help. I dont get it., It works when I boot from cd, and it works the first time of an install, but after one restart, it stops.

I'm at my wits end here.
Is there a way to, I don't know..make sure this device is managed?
or fix this in anyway?

Mike_IronFist
August 13th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Here's what I'm doing.
A regular, typical install
I then, connect to my wireless, which is automatically detected with my hwu8dd high gain dish. I then run "sudo pppoeconf", and click yes on everything but "start at boot"
Then, my internet works, Everything is fine. that's how I'm typing this now.
Here's the issue:

When I restart, Dlink is no longer automatically connected, and the wireless network, is replaced by "Device not managed"

Because I can't connect to Dlink, I obviously cant get on my PPPoe.
PLease help. I dont get it., It works when I boot from cd, and it works the first time of an install, but after one restart, it stops.

I'm at my wits end here.
Is there a way to, I don't know..make sure this device is managed?
or fix this in anyway?

Before I suggest any solutions, can you clarify one thing:

Are you saying that you manually have to put in some commands to make your internet setup work?

Or, are you saying that you have to put in commands, and then restart, to get it to work?

If you explain this in nice, clear terms, I can offer a very, very easy solution.

Not to be rude, I just need to be sure if my solution is right for you.