PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gdebi.....Where are you?

wormturns
August 13th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Hey,

I have to load some packages in order to get a modem online (ie. don't yet have access to the internet).

Have Gdebi ("local" package installer included with 9.04) installed through Synaptic and Gdebi is supposed to include GUI. How do I access Gdebi through Ubuntu 9.04? In other words, it's installed but I don't know how to find it to get it running.

Thanks.

angry_johnnie
August 13th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Alt + F2

gdebi-gtk

or

double click whichever *.deb package you're trying to install. it will automatically open it with gdebi.

:-)

oldos2er
August 13th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Follow the menus Applications, System Tools, GDebi Package Installer. Or simply double-click on a *.deb file, and it should open in GDebi.

wormturns
August 13th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the replies.
I thought it would show up in "Applications, System Tools" menu, but it did not (might I need to reboot?). Was thinking there may be a manual way to put it in the menu through preferences or some such. I'll try the double click on the file approach.

CatKiller
August 13th, 2009, 01:04 AM
It's there but hidden by default, as I understand it. Right click on the menu and select Edit Menus, find it in the list and put a tick in the box if you really want it in the menu for some reason.