PDA

View Full Version : [other] Period errors

Shnooky
August 12th, 2009, 11:46 PM
My eeepc is currently running ubuntu and recently it has been hitting the period button on its own and my period key has been disabled,

I am currently using Release 8,10 (interpid) kernel linux 2,6,27-14 generic Im using commas instead of period because the button is disabled

Please help if anyone has any ideas

-Shnooky

desperado665
August 12th, 2009, 11:47 PM
check to see if your period key is stuck....

Shnooky
August 13th, 2009, 01:36 AM
ok, I dont mean to be rude but come on man, look at how many posts I have, do you think I would post if the key was stuck.

The problem is software because it doesnt always happen, it is periodical and there is no pattern that I can see, the problem is tolerable but its annoying when your typing such as something like this. And if your wondering how im typing a period I just copy and past.

Mike_IronFist
August 13th, 2009, 02:31 AM
ok, I dont mean to be rude but come on man, look at how many posts I have, do you think I would post if the key was stuck.

The problem is software because it doesnt always happen, it is periodical and there is no pattern that I can see, the problem is tolerable but its annoying when your typing such as something like this. And if your wondering how im typing a period I just copy and past.

I recommend upgrading to 9.04, it should be entirely easy to do so without losing your data.
Download the 9.04 netbook remix, put it on a USB drive the same way you did with Intrepid.
Put the USB drive in while running Ubuntu. If autorun is working correctly, it will ask you if you want to upgrade.