PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Themes

AxelMan0
August 12th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Where are some places I can find themes besides the default ones in Ubuntu?

Also, is there a way to display disk usage bars under the hard disk icons when I click on Places>Computer similar to windows? (I ask because I recently convinced my girlfriend to give Ubuntu a try and she really misses those bars!)

CLomax
August 12th, 2009, 09:37 PM
gnome-look.org

sasho_zl
August 12th, 2009, 09:54 PM
You can install the Emerald theme manager and download emerald - beryl themes from gnome look. After you install a theme you have to run the command "emerald --replace" to activate it.
About the disk usage bars - what is it that you don't like about the disk usage analyzer in the Accessories tab?

kestal
August 12th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Here are a few (http://www.bisigi-project.org/?page_id=6&lang=en). You might need to switch to english after going to some pages (you can switch to english with a button on the side)

As for the other, im not completely sure. Is this for Karmic?

wotsit
August 12th, 2009, 10:01 PM
art.gnome.org has some nice icon sets

AxelMan0
August 12th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks so far everybody. I personally have no problem with the disk usage analyzer but like I said my girlfriend misses the little bars. She has no real problems with Ubuntu except that she finds Vista prettier and I think it would be a shame for her to give up on Ubuntu simply because she doesn't like some elements of the appearance.

And no It's not for Karmic I put Jaunty on her computer I didn't want to ruin her first impression by putting alpha software on her machine haha

moody_mark
August 12th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Hi, if you want to have a pretty flash desktop, show her some of the desktop effects that come with compiz. Also better than those disc bars try looking around the forum for some screen shots of conky you'd be pleasantly surprised.