PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.04 Installation Stuck on 82%

kabeza
August 12th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Hi people
I've tried to install Ubuntu and it got stuck at 82% "configuring apt"
As I've read, this is due Ubuntu can't work well with spanish ubuntu servers, and was advised to install it without lan.

My questions are:

1. How can I resume this failed install? (I've resetted PC after 10 minutes seeing "configuring apt" screen)

2. If install can't be resumed, then how I could delete the failed installation from disk and start again?

I'm using Windows XP, and would like to keep it until I learn Ubuntu very well

Thanks a lot in advance,

regala
August 12th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Hi people
I've tried to install Ubuntu and it got stuck at 82% "configuring apt"
As I've read, this is due Ubuntu can't work well with spanish ubuntu servers, and was advised to install it without lan.

You can also decide yourself which mirror server to use as apt repository during the install process, can't you ? (maybe it's in expert mode)

My questions are:

1. How can I resume this failed install? (I've resetted PC after 10 minutes seeing "configuring apt" screen)

you can't :-(

2. If install can't be resumed, then how I could delete the failed installation from disk and start again?

just Install again, you will format the partitions you want

I'm using Windows XP, and would like to keep it until I learn Ubuntu very well

the installation process will propose you to configure the new bootloader to be able to boot Windows XP.

br, mathieu

kabeza
August 12th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Great!
I've finally installed Ubuntu correctly, this time without LAN cable

I had to erase old partitions using a free Windows Utility called EASEUS Partition Master

All going great, except f... slow connection for getting updates / new apps