PDA

View Full Version : HDTV's $9.99!

Nburnes
August 12th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Look at what my father showed me after he bought 2 of them! Best Buy has messed up pretty bad here.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8749287&type=product&id=1202649424157&AID=10597222&PID=3477489&URL=http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp%3FskuId%3D8749287%26type%3Dproduct%26i d%3D1202649424157&ref=39&loc=01

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/imgcache3/447f3218470675915382c19514253aa6.png?orig_url=http ://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9114/45043355.jpg

:D

Hells_Dark
August 12th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Won't work. sorry.

Nburnes
August 12th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Won't work. sorry.

And why is that? Please tell me, I would be rather interested in your response.

Johnsie
August 12th, 2009, 11:20 AM
That's a pretty good deal. If they advertise it at that price then they legally have to sell it at that price... well, that's how it works in some other countries. Not sure about the USA.

t0p
August 12th, 2009, 12:04 PM
That's a pretty good deal. If they advertise it at that price then they legally have to sell it at that price... well, that's how it works in some other countries. Not sure about the USA.

Very often you will find the small print in ads and on websites includes the letters E&OE. This means "Errors and omissions excepted" - this is a getout-clause if the company messes up on prices, descriptions etc: it means the company does not have to honour prices that are advertised too low by mistake.

But if the OP's father really has bought 2 of these TVs at that price, I guess this company has to honour the ad. Why did he only buy 2? I'd have invested every penny I could spare, these things have excellent resale potential.

arch0njw
August 12th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Very often you will find the small print in ads and on websites includes the letters E&OE. This means "Errors and omissions excepted" - this is a getout-clause if the company messes up on prices, descriptions etc: it means the company does not have to honour prices that are advertised too low by mistake.

But if the OP's father really has bought 2 of these TVs at that price, I guess this company has to honour the ad. Why did he only buy 2? I'd have invested every penny I could spare, these things have excellent resale potential.

I can see getting away with buying two and arguing for that price, but not a truckload. I think Best Buy would fight that one.

racerraul
August 12th, 2009, 12:16 PM
lol.... i can't buy it... their shipping system is now down :lolflag:

Majorix
August 12th, 2009, 12:17 PM
lol.... i can't buy it... their shipping system is now down :lolflag:

I wonder why :P

MJWitter
August 12th, 2009, 12:19 PM
From the site:

Errors on Our Site
Prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Best Buy reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Best Buy will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return it in accordance with Best Buy's Return Policy.

Swarms
August 12th, 2009, 01:23 PM
In Denmark, if you order an item and get a confirmation. The company is forced to deliver the service, even if it is a mistake of the company.

racerraul
August 12th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I'm hoping for the slim chance it gets delivered and by then it might just be too late. :popcorn:

theGlitch
August 12th, 2009, 02:11 PM
When I was in college, our local Best Buy mismarked a graphics card that was something like 40% the actual price. The geek squad bought most of them as well as a few of us that just happened to be there at the time. Best Buy had to honor the purchase; we made of like bandits and the resell was amazing!

Tristam Green
August 12th, 2009, 02:51 PM

Generally-speaking, big boxes have a limit per customer on big-ticket items like televisions for just that reason.