PDA

View Full Version : Friendfeed is about 1000 times better then Facebook, anybody using it?

HappinessNow
August 12th, 2009, 09:11 AM
http://friendfeed.com/

The crazy thing is Facebook just bought Friendfeed:
http://www.reuters.com/article/smallBusinessNews/idUSTRE5794Q420090811

Assim
August 12th, 2009, 09:16 AM
It looks awesome. I was never a fan of Facebook since it's not that simple. When I say not simple, I don't mean it's hard to use but because they have lots of thing like those quizzes, games, applications and so on. They are all quite useless.

Oh well, that's how it goes. :(

HappinessNow
August 12th, 2009, 09:20 AM
It looks awesome. I was never a fan of Facebook since it's not that simple. When I say not simple, I don't mean it's hard to use but because they have lots of thing like those quizzes, games, applications and so on. They are all quite useless.

Oh well, that's how it goes. :(FriendFeed is pretty awesome, it is like Facebook after a thousand enemas! :P

Assim
August 12th, 2009, 09:22 AM
I can't login in to FriendFeed with my Facebook or Google account... weird. :P

I'll check it out and I bet Facebook bought it because they are afraid they would be their competitor. :P

TMAN 1
August 12th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I can't stand Facebook.I think they change it too much and put too much crap in it.I just want to talk to people I know,not figure out how to do it .

HappinessNow
August 12th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I can't login in to FriendFeed with my Facebook or Google account... weird. :P

I'll check it out and I bet Facebook bought it because they are afraid they would be their competitor. :Pyep! if you can't beat em, buy them out!

Once you create a FriendFeed account you can have sync with your Facebook account, by sync I mean post from your Facebook account

http://apps.facebook.com/friendfeed/

Check out the FriendFeed tools and widget page:
http://friendfeed.com/about/tools

I can't stand Facebook.I think they change it too much and put too much crap in it.I just want to talk to people I know,not figure out how to do it .I can't stand Facebook either! FriendFeed fulfills where Facebook fails!

mrgnash
August 12th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I don't like Facespace, Mybook, or Twatter or any of these other triviality-disseminating, narcissistic social networking services. The scary thing is that there doesn't seem to be any end to them: they keep multiplying.

HappinessNow
August 12th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I don't like Facespace, Mybook, or Twatter or any of these other triviality-disseminating, narcissistic social networking services. The scary thing is that there doesn't seem to be any end to them: they keep multiplying.
Try Multiply (http://multiply.com/)! :lolflag:

http://multiply.com/

OutOfReach
August 12th, 2009, 09:33 AM
I'll stay with my trusty Myspace. :)

HappinessNow
August 12th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I'll stay with my trusty Myspace. :)Facebook is filled with MySpace users, and Myspace is filled with registered sex offenders! :lolflag:

TMAN 1
August 12th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Facebook is filled with MySpace users, and Myspace is filled with registered sex offenders! :lolflag:

LOL.
Ya,Myspace isn't any better.

HappinessNow
August 12th, 2009, 09:44 AM
LOL.
Ya,Myspace isn't any better.I was surprised to see a post for myspace also! :popcorn:

OutOfReach
August 12th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Facebook is filled with MySpace users, and Myspace is filled with registered sex offenders! :lolflag:

"Oh look, I got a friend request, wait...this girl wants to do WHAT with her webcam!?"

Ahh, well I'm fine with my Myspace, it's where most people at my school are.

HappinessNow
August 12th, 2009, 09:47 AM
"Oh look, I got a friend request, wait...this girl wants to do WHAT with her webcam!?"

Ahh, well I'm fine with my Myspace, it's where most people at my school are.Understood, you should hang where your friends are...or you could lead them to a better place! :P

Starlight
August 12th, 2009, 12:01 PM

Personally, I like these quizzes, surveys, and stuff like that. It's fun, it makes Facebook more interesting, and it's nice to compare your quiz results and survey answers with your friends :)

t0p
August 12th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Facebook, Myspace, Friendfeed, whatever... all these "social networking" sites are crap. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Majorix
August 12th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Facebook, Myspace, Friendfeed, whatever... all these "social networking" sites are crap. That's a fact, not an opinion.

"Personal" fact? How is that???

J/k. I also hate that kind of websites.

hanzomon4
August 12th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Personally, I like these quizzes, surveys, and stuff like that. It's fun, it makes Facebook more interesting, and it's nice to compare your quiz results and survey answers with your friends :)

+1 sometimes I think linux users hate anything that's popular

Sealbhach
August 12th, 2009, 02:37 PM

I must admit that's one of my failings.:P

Skripka
August 12th, 2009, 02:48 PM

Yep. Data-mining companies LOVE them tho' and not without reason.

RiceMonster
August 12th, 2009, 02:51 PM

Or perhaps they, like me, legitimately don't like it?

PuddingKnife
August 12th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I like FB. It gives me something to do during down time at work. Nothing wrong with that. People can hate these websites and services all they want, but they dont have to join them and theyre not going away.

hanzomon4
August 12th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Or perhaps they, like me, legitimately don't like it?

Not questioning the legitimacy, just an observation... oversensitive as well doctor

HappinessNow
August 12th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Personally, I like these quizzes, surveys, and stuff like that. It's fun, it makes Facebook more interesting, and it's nice to compare your quiz results and survey answers with your friends :)The quizzes, surveys and stuff like that is what I like the least, but different strokes for different folks.

I like FB. It gives me something to do during down time at work. Nothing wrong with that. People can hate these websites and services all they want, but they dont have to join them and theyre not going away.

It is a good way to keep in touch with friends and family who are on those networks.