PDA

View Full Version : FREE! Web Hosting! 1GB/20GB/PHP/5MySQL Control Panel Included!

shimon
January 24th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Yes it is true i am offering FREE (as in beer) web hosting WITH a control panel.

We are offering the following 100% free:
Max Subdomains: Unlimited
Max mail accounts: 20
Max FTP accounts: 20
Max MySQL Databases & users: 5
Traffic Limit: 20GB
Disk Limit: 1GB
PHP enabled: Yes
CGI/Perl enabled: At request only
Control Panel Included: VHCS

Check out our server specs (http://vhcshosting.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=5.html.) the server is at savvis data center, we own it, we are not a reseller on the server.

So come to vhcshosting.com. (http://vhcshosting.com) to get you free hosting.

Hope you enjoy our wonderful service!

eklim
January 24th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Hey Cool!
Thanks alot. have been searching for one

:D

panickedthumb
January 24th, 2005, 04:16 PM
150 posts per month needed in what way? Just hanging out and talking on your forum or is it tech support or what, it doesn't really specify.

akurashy
January 24th, 2005, 04:36 PM
it would be err.. bad to make the users posts flood in your forums...
is like saying "FLood my forum now and have free hosting" =/

jdodson
January 24th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Yes it is true i am offering FREE (as in beer) web hosting WITH a control panel.

We are offering the following 100% free:
Max Subdomains: Unlimited
Max mail accounts: 20
Max FTP accounts: 20
Max MySQL Databases & users: 5
Traffic Limit: 20GB
Disk Limit: 1GB
PHP enabled: Yes
CGI/Perl enabled: At request only
Control Panel Included: VHCS

Check out our server specs (http://vhcshosting.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=5.html) the server is at savvis data center, we own it, we are not a reseller on the server.

So come to vhcshosting.com (http://vhcshosting.com) to get you free hosting.

Hope you enjoy our wonderful service!

this is absolutely NOT FREE because it still requires somebody to do something that costs them! this is a SHAMEFUL way to promote yourself. you could at least be upfront with people that this service makes them do something that is very time consuming. this is as stupid as cellphone companies touting a FREE phone*.

*with a 4 year legally binding service agreement!

shimon
January 24th, 2005, 05:33 PM
150 posts per month needed in what way? Just hanging out and talking on your forum or is it tech support or what, it doesn't really specify.

talk on the forums but you can chose the 15 post plan

shimon
January 24th, 2005, 05:34 PM
it would be err.. bad to make the users posts flood in your forums...
is like saying "FLood my forum now and have free hosting" =/
no this is why 3 people from the hosting team have to vote yes for you it mean spammer don't get hosting

shimon
January 24th, 2005, 05:36 PM
this is absolutely NOT FREE because it still requires somebody to do something that costs them! this is a SHAMEFUL way to promote yourself. you could at least be upfront with people that this service makes them do something that is very time consuming. this is as stupid as cellphone companies touting a FREE phone*.

*with a 4 year legally binding service agreement!

it is free well soon i'll be offering free hosting w/o posts but with ads

jdodson
January 24th, 2005, 05:37 PM
it is free well soon i'll be offering free hosting w/o posts but with ads

no its not. it REQUIRES the user to do something. free as in beer means no cost.

ubuntu is free as in cost. that means ubuntu does not require people to post in forums or do anything save download it. and actually they give away CDS free. that means NO requirement.

ubuntu is free, your service is not. well in a cell phone free kind of way.

ubuntu-geek
January 24th, 2005, 06:18 PM
locked.. this isnt free and there is no reason to further discuss it.

jdong
January 24th, 2005, 09:54 PM
To clarify Ubuntu-Geek's decision (and to stop further damage to my inbox...!), we're fine with your webhosting service. However, calling it "FREE!" isn't correct -- it's not as "FREE" as you make it sound.

Also, everyone has the info they need already about what you're offering. You've linked to your website, etc. If we leave this thread open, it'll only be a heated debate.

jdodson
January 25th, 2005, 12:15 AM
To clarify Ubuntu-Geek's decision (and to stop further damage to my inbox...!), we're fine with your webhosting service. However, calling it "FREE!" isn't correct -- it's not as "FREE" as you make it sound.

Also, everyone has the info they need already about what you're offering. You've linked to your website, etc. If we leave this thread open, it'll only be a heated debate.

agreed.