PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] how to disable remote login screen at local site in ubuntu

anadeem.ch
August 12th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Dears Hi
I enabled remote login on my ubuntu machine. and restarted to check the affects. after restart, instead of going to the user name page , I got the page giving the information serving remote login and in the main area there is my(local machine) so I click connect after selecting the machine name. it then executes rc.local and asks for the user name and then password. I want to skip the screen of remote login. how can i do that( Actually I want to disable remote login but when i disable it. I get "no host is serving " and I cannot get login to the machine. for that i go to ctrl+Alt+F1 and start the X server on display 1( on 0 it is already running). and i get GUI of my login. I disable the remote login from command line
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/remote_access/enabled false
to disable the remote login but when i open "gdmsetup" remote login is not disabled. it means these are two different tasks. So how will i get the local login screen directly( as we normally get)
A.Nadeem