PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] haveing trouble downloading

invitingdopeman
August 12th, 2009, 08:41 AM
whats up peeps im havein trouble with installing msn messenger live beta it tells me End-of-central-directory signature not found. i have also attached a screen shot is it becuse its microsoft thanks INVITINGDOPEMAN

Partyboi2
August 12th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Hi, looks like you you are trying to extract a .exe file. The .exe files are used by windows and not native to linux. I would recommend using something like amsn which is similar to msn.
You can install amsn by opening a terminal (Applications>Accessories>Terminal) and typing

sudo apt-get install amsn

3rdalbum
August 12th, 2009, 12:39 PM
whats up peeps im havein trouble with installing msn messenger live beta it tells me End-of-central-directory signature not found. i have also attached a screen shot is it becuse its microsoft thanks INVITINGDOPEMAN

Whoa, this isn't a compressed archive, this is a Windows program. Anything with ".exe" at the end is a Windows program and can't be used on Linux except possibly with Wine. And I don't think MSN Messenger works in Wine.

Your system comes with Pidgin (Applications > Internet > Pidgin Internet Messenger), which can connect to the MSN messenger network.