PDA

View Full Version : Trumpet players?

CJ Master
August 12th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Are any of you guys out there Trumpet players? I realized with a thread a read a couple a days ago that I'm not alone here any more. :D I personally play the Trumpet, Euphonium, and Tuba. I'm also going to take up drums.

RedSingularity
August 12th, 2009, 03:06 AM
I played the trumpet in Middle School for 2 years. Wow, that is 8 years ago now! Feels like 2 or 3 years. Time moves way to fast......

FuturePilot
August 12th, 2009, 03:09 AM
I played the Trumpet in high school. I was in my school's concert band and marching band.

MikeTheC
August 12th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Well, I used to blow my own horn a lot, but then I started to get complaints from foreign governments, so I decided to shut up and post here on UF instead.

CJ Master
August 12th, 2009, 09:09 PM
... Two trumpet players? I feel so alone. ;_;

nmaster
August 12th, 2009, 09:16 PM
i played in high school. still have my Bach Stradivarius (bell size 37) at my parent's house. for mouthpieces i used a Monette B4S and a Schilke 14A4A with gold finish. i played lead for NJ Region Jazz my senior year. also did wind ensemble and marching band for my high school. jazz was the best though. screaming lead parts were great and i loved learning about improv theory. i still love to listen, but i never have the time to do transcriptions or any real practicing, maybe i will when i retire... ... in 40 years lol

nmaster
August 12th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Lead Trumpet Joke:

~What kind of birth control does a lead trumpet player use?
~His personality.

CJ Master
December 29th, 2009, 02:30 AM
I'm bumping this in the hopes of finding more Trumpet players.

lykwydchykyn
December 29th, 2009, 02:35 AM
My parents are both trumpet players. My dad still teaches trumpet at a University.

I did tuba and euphonium myself.

wielandb
January 9th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I'm bumping this in the hopes of finding more Trumpet players.
Dear CJ Master - I posted the following under Social Discussions which I thought was under Trumpet Players, but apparently it was not. So here is the post I meant to go here, slightly edited: My King Liberty trumpet is about 100 years old (I am 72). I got it from an uncle when I started taking lessons in fourth grade at age 10 (1947). Played in high school and college and community band ending in 1964. Not much at all since then, maybe about an hour a year. Joining this group is about wanting to start playing again regularly, so I will get it out around 10am today (now it is 4 am and I would wake up my wife and two teenage daughters). Just thought I would let you know why I joined this group (I joined NC ubuntu forum about 60 minutes ago). Cheers. :smile:

lisati
January 9th, 2010, 10:06 AM
I played trombone for a while many years ago (can't remember exactly when), wasn't very good at it.