PDA

View Full Version : Do You Live With Your Pet

mstlyevil
January 31st, 2006, 05:49 AM
I decided to do a poll on who has pets and how many live in their house. I room mate with my younger brother and we each have a dog that lives in the house. My dog is named Oscar and he is a certified mutt. He looks like a oversized weiner dog that weighs 27 pounds. My brothers dog is a poodle shitzu mix that weighs 9 pounds and his name is Cujo.

Iandefor
January 31st, 2006, 05:53 AM
I have a cat named Balboa. I used to have another cat, but he got hit by a car a couple months ago and we had to euthanize him.

kassetra
January 31st, 2006, 05:56 AM
I have two little cats - Binary and Chaos - that live with me. :) Binary is a calico and Chaos is a Japanese Bobtail.

Lazy Kitties.

aysiu
January 31st, 2006, 06:03 AM
My wife created my avatar, and it's fashioned after our cat.

super
January 31st, 2006, 06:05 AM
gee, wonder what inspired this one! ;)

when i lived in a tropical climate i had 2 dogs that lived outside in my yard. they were good dogs but i never mistook them for humans :p. now i live in canada (brrr!) so i don't have any pets because it's cold outside.

i'm pretty sure i've eaten a few pets also. i eat fish which some people keep as pets. i even had a piglet as a pet, so i'm sure everybody has eaten a few pets before. (unless you're a vegetarian)

i've never eaten a dog or cat before tho. and i wouldn't want to. i have never even eaten rabbit. but i hear it's good. :p

matthew
January 31st, 2006, 06:07 AM
I used to have two dogs, English Pointers to be exact. They lived in my house and when we went camping or hunting they lived in my tent. They were pretty good sized and great watchdogs (I didn't live in the best of neighborhoods at the time...couple of arrests in my yard, meth lab shut down across the alley, the guy next door died when he fell into a fire he started in his front yard while he was drunk--no one ever bothered my house while several neighbors were robbed.) Oh, yeah, their names were Remington and Winchester. :)

I don't have any pets (or guns) currently so I marked that, but if I did they would live in the house as well.

Sp@z
January 31st, 2006, 06:57 AM
I have a 7 year old dalmation that rules this house! I got him when I was single man and now I have a family and he helps me keep the kids in line...........

WildTangent
January 31st, 2006, 07:20 AM
I have a cat. His name is Bambam. He owns this house, and all who oppose him will feel the wrath of his teeth. Yes...he is quite the biter.

-Wild

mstlyevil
January 31st, 2006, 07:34 AM
I have a cat. His name is Bambam. He owns this house, and all who oppose him will feel the wrath of his teeth. Yes...he is quite the biter.

-Wild

I love pets with an attitude.

bored2k
January 31st, 2006, 07:54 AM
I have one full-grown (so big the vet goes "whoa" everytime she sees him) rottweiler and a german sheppard. living with them is not an option.

KiwiNZ
January 31st, 2006, 08:02 AM
Yes my pet rock. After it was house trained

Jay_Dogg
January 31st, 2006, 08:10 AM
I have a cat and it's part of the family, always gets the best seats in the house.

Dogs are dogs.
Birds are birds.
Cats are gods.

nocturn
January 31st, 2006, 08:30 AM
We have two cats, both adopted from a refuge for kittens. The oldest one is a large male cat, very quiet and shy but really sweet. He was mistreated where he was born. His name is Bram.

The youngest one is a female cat, she remained a bit small. She was left to freeze to death, which happened to all her brothers and sisters. She made it out alive, but according to the vet she has a mild heart condition. She's always full of energy and falls asleep while she is sitting or standing and playing. Her name is Gill.

My son (1.5 years old) adores them and so do we. I can't even sleep if they don't come in during the night...

chimera
January 31st, 2006, 02:23 PM
I have three guinea pigs in a 2m*1m*1m cage:-D

claydoh
January 31st, 2006, 03:25 PM
I have one full-grown (so big the vet goes "whoa" everytime she sees him) rottweiler and a german sheppard. living with them is not an option.

Sure it's an option - you just need a bigger bed :-D

I have 3 dogs and one cat, and they do at times crowd the bed, 2 humans + up to 4 critters =/me gets a 3-inch wide strip of mattress

But honestly, when my wife goes to a flyball or agility tournament with on or 2 of the dogs, I find it hard to sleep with the bed sooo empty...

m@dm@x
January 31st, 2006, 03:28 PM
Yup, I have a dog that rules my life. Her name is Inge and she is a wonderful dog. I couldn't live without her.

hafunui
January 31st, 2006, 03:34 PM
I have a dog, but he live in his own log cabin in the middle of the forest. He doesn't live with me.

fuscia
January 31st, 2006, 04:38 PM
i have a cat named 'huey'. (he looks like a black panther, so we got the idea huey from huey newton.) he's purely indoors (i could never stand worrying about him so there will be no outdoor adventures). when my cat, rachel, died at 21, i never thought i would ever be able to feel that way about anyone again. what was i thinking. huey's my boy.

ember
January 31st, 2006, 06:48 PM
I'm not especially fancy about pets. Well, exceptions have USB-connectors ;)

TechSonic
January 31st, 2006, 06:58 PM
I got me a big old mean junkyard dog.

Eats small ones and chews on the big ones.

earobinson
January 31st, 2006, 07:23 PM
ma pets live at home with my parents :(

majikstreet
January 31st, 2006, 11:07 PM
yes, my four cats live inside. so do my fish.

IMO, this is the dumbest thread in history.

Puptentacle
January 31st, 2006, 11:11 PM
A Border Collie (seven years)and a Lab (thirteen years), both indoor dogs and better house guests than most people I know. Up until recently there were four dogs. Our black lab was euthanized because of advanced cancer a couple months ago. She was 14. My shelter-adopted (at age 15) one eyed, blind in the other, nearly deaf Long Haired Dachsund (named Ray Charles) was euthanized yesterday due to liver failure. He was 16.

Dogs need training in order to be housepets. The problem is people bring a dog into their house and expect them to know what to do. Would you bring a baby into a house and not potty train it? By the time it's two or three years old I'd think you'd be a little sick of cleaning up after it too! Sure, pets add a little more work in your life, but they give a lot back.

Oh, and six cats rule our house by commitee. We keep them because they provide more entertainment than nearly any TV show you can name. Comedy and Drama, they provide it in spades.

mstlyevil
January 31st, 2006, 11:12 PM
yes, my four cats live inside. so do my fish.

IMO, this is the dumbest thread in history.

Started by the dumbest poster in history! (Namely me.) ;)

Bandit
January 31st, 2006, 11:51 PM
I dont currently have a pet. I am in the military so its hard to get attached and then have to give your freinds away.
But that being said I have had many dogs, cats, a rabbit and a dozen dead gold fish.
I cant wait to get out of the military and mabey a good pet might find me again.
I will never put on a leash and I have no problem building a very large dog house with heat and cooling. But IMHO they just belong outside.
Cheers,
Bandit

Alpha_toxic
February 1st, 2006, 12:06 AM
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD :twisted: :twisted: