PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kubuntu 9.04 Compiz

pikohn
August 11th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Hello,

I've been using kubuntu now for a good three days, and I must way, I like. I do have a problem however. I am trying to get compiz's cube to work and I can only get limited functionality. Instead of a cube I am getting a double sided square. I have enabled four desktops via configure desktops on the panel. Can someone please help me out?

Regards,

Mike

:popcorn:

McNils
August 11th, 2009, 11:10 PM
yuo need to tell compiz that you are using four desktops. not sure how. Do you know that you do not need compiz to use the cube?

pikohn
August 12th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Hello and thanks for your reply. I am aware that you can use kwin's cube, but compiz seems to have a richer set of features.If someone could help, i would be appreciative.

Mike

Zorael
August 12th, 2009, 01:53 AM
I'm not sure to what extent Compiz listens to KDE's desktop settings. Have you set up Compiz to have 4 virtual horizontal desktops in the settings manager (ccsm)?

pikohn
August 12th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I'm not sure how to go about doing that...

AmerNewbieInDE
August 12th, 2009, 05:44 PM
first, you need, Desktop (in compizConfig Settings) desktop cube and rotate cube enabled, then Effects, you need 3D windows, if you want a sphere or cylinder, also Cube Reflections and Deformations enabled. Then back at the main window under `General` General Options..Desktop size tab, horizontal virtual size = 4, vertical virtual size = 1, number of desktops = 4, back out, close and enjoy.. use ctrl, alt and button one of mouse... ove mouse side to side to move where you want.

pikohn
August 12th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Just writing to say thank you. The tips worked! :)