PDA

View Full Version : i'm looking for some more help

glamdering
August 11th, 2009, 09:36 PM
First this is probably either in the wrong spot or not allowed but after reading every thing i couldn't fined any thing saying other wise so here it goes.

I already have one person helping me that has worked on linux distro team but i need some more help to try and speed up this project.

I think were going to name it PML unless that interferes with another name.

This distro is going to to built for portable media (Portable Media Linux)
this will have a completely different menu interface more like what you would see on a sansa

We are looking at Ubuntu-mini as it looks like a simple base to start off of and we don't need lots of updating for the OS and updating would be done via WiFi and through sd/usb/sync

The idea is to produce a OS that can be used for a multi media platform so it can be used by any thing as a media player and include many other programs if desired which can be put into PMP,media stations,etc

I personally will be heavily supporting the development as i do not know much about programing but i do run a computer business and i will be putting this OS into many items such as: PMP,cars,media stations and be offering it with all computer builds (i already offer Linux distros with computer builds)

I WILL NOT BE MAKING/CHARGING ANY MONEY FOR THE DISTRO! IT WILL BE OPEN SOURCE AND 100% FREE!