PDA

View Full Version : System.Drawing missing in MonoDevelop but present in the documentation?

Jimleko211
August 11th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I'm trying to make a thumbnail maker for images, and in order to do that I need to call the System.Drawing and System.Drawing.Imaging namespaces. According to the internal documentation, they are available. According to intellisense and my compiling errors, I don't have them. What can I do to solve this problem?

Habbit
August 11th, 2009, 10:45 PM
It does not suffice to say using System.Drawing; from your code: the System.Drawing namespace is in an assembly different from corlib, so you must instruct the compiler to import it with the "-r" (Reference external assembly) option, or adding it to the "References" section of your project properties in the IDE you are using. If you have ever programmed in Java, this is akin to "importing" an external JAR file.

Jimleko211
August 11th, 2009, 11:01 PM
It does not suffice to say using System.Drawing; from your code: the System.Drawing namespace is in an assembly different from corlib, so you must instruct the compiler to import it with the "-r" (Reference external assembly) option, or adding it to the "References" section of your project properties in the IDE you are using. If you have ever programmed in Java, this is akin to "importing" an external JAR file.
I added the reference "mscorlib" in monodevelop, and it's still giving me an error.

Habbit
August 11th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I added the reference "mscorlib" in monodevelop, and it's still giving me an error.
If you read my message, I mentioned an assembly different from the core library. In particular, you want System.Drawing.dll

Jimleko211
August 11th, 2009, 11:29 PM
If you read my message, I mentioned an assembly different from the core library. In particular, you want System.Drawing.dll
Oh, I'm sorry! I misread it. Thank you so much ^_^