PDA

View Full Version : If Ubuntu was a cup of coffee

Ascenti0n
August 11th, 2009, 05:08 PM
If Ubuntu was a cup of coffee, what kind would it be and what would it taste like?

I think Ubuntu would be a medium roast cappuccino, with a sprinkling of chocolate shavings on top.

chucky chuckaluck
August 11th, 2009, 05:16 PM
if ubuntu were a cup of coffee, i doubt i'd want it on my laptop.

cmay
August 11th, 2009, 05:24 PM
now that was funny :)

subdivision
August 11th, 2009, 05:30 PM

I believe there have been lawsuits about that kind of thing.

ViperChief
August 11th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I believe there have been lawsuits about that kind of thing.

For being too liquidy?

subdivision
August 11th, 2009, 05:31 PM
For being too liquidy?

For being obnoxiously hot.

Sporkman
August 11th, 2009, 05:32 PM
For being obnoxiously hot.

Like 2nd degree burns to important body parts which reside around the lap area.

subdivision
August 11th, 2009, 05:33 PM

I believe those parts had something to do with it.

Ascenti0n
August 11th, 2009, 05:34 PM

CAUTION: this thread is way too philosophically deep for that kind of response to be considered acceptable. Please refrain from using instant coffee, and report to your doctor after 7 days if your condition does not improve ;-)

ViperChief
August 11th, 2009, 05:36 PM

I don't want to think about that.

subdivision
August 11th, 2009, 05:36 PM
CAUTION: this thread is way too philosophically deep for that kind of response to be considered acceptable.

:popcorn:

subdivision
August 11th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I don't want to think about that.

If memory serves there was a large settlement involved. You have to ask yourself; are the burns in the important areas worth it?

Ascenti0n
August 11th, 2009, 05:38 PM
If memory serves there was a large settlement involved. You have to ask yourself; are the burns in the important areas worth it?

To which the answer is almost alway "yes", now give me my money.

ViperChief
August 11th, 2009, 05:41 PM

Depends on the extent of the burns and how much money is involved.

subdivision
August 11th, 2009, 05:41 PM
To which the answer is almost alway "yes", now give me my money.

Indeed. I need to find some ludicrous way of injuring myself and getting a company to pay me for it.

HappinessNow
August 12th, 2009, 06:27 AM
If Ubuntu was a cup of coffee, what kind would it be and what would it taste like?

I think Ubuntu would be a medium roast cappuccino, with a sprinkling of chocolate shavings on top.

Deep Black (like Trader Joe's Volcano Super Dark) French Press with grinds, so black I would twizzle my swizzle stick with stevia to sweeten it up. :P

Genius314
August 12th, 2009, 06:30 AM
If Ubuntu was a cup of coffee, it'd be exactly how I want it to be.

Alternate answer: If Ubuntu was a cup of coffee, it would be HOT!

roharme
August 12th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Sweet LOTTE (Caffine Removed)

HappinessNow
August 12th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Deep Black (like Trader Joe's Volcano Super Dark) French Press with grinds, so black I would twizzle my swizzle stick with stevia to sweeten it up. :P

Edit: don't forget to sprinkle with some Mexican Chocolate!

geekygirl
August 12th, 2009, 07:21 AM
If Ubuntu was a coffee I think I would have spilled it all over a Windows laptop by now..

MikeTheC
August 12th, 2009, 07:23 AM
It would taste like Ethiopian Yirgacheffe (http://www.sweetmarias.com/coffee.africa.ethiopia.php), which is one of my favorite coffees. It is also excellent (though non-traditional) for use as an espresso. Mmm... yummy smooth goodness!

The Real Dave
August 12th, 2009, 11:23 AM
If Ubuntu was a coffee, it would look like a regular Americano, but would taste different to anyone who drank it, depending on what the wanted their coffee to be like, just like who the OS differs :D :D

SunnyRabbiera
August 12th, 2009, 11:29 AM
If Ubuntu was a coffee I think I would have spilled it all over a Windows laptop by now..

I like that one :D
Me personally if Ubuntu was a cup of coffee I would not drink it, I dont like coffee ;)

Ascenti0n
August 13th, 2009, 11:12 AM
If Ubuntu was a coffee, it would look like a regular Americano, but would taste different to anyone who drank it, depending on what the wanted their coffee to be like, just like who the OS differs :D :D

Good imaginative parallel

andru183
August 13th, 2009, 01:59 PM
i thinks youd be given a cup of hot water, couple of different types of beans, different types of cream and a hammer (for the beans) to make it the exact way you would like it, and to top it off a fancy cup so even from a distance you coffee looks nicer

Arup
August 13th, 2009, 02:21 PM
It would be a delectable cup of Malabar Gold.

Tristam Green
August 13th, 2009, 03:40 PM
It'd be brown.

wait wat