PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Installing extra packages after install of system

Frezno71087
August 11th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Hi i just installed Ubuntu Studio. when i installed it i didn't know to press space to select the extra packages so i did not install any of the packages. I would like to install all of the packages and would like to do this without having to reinstall the whole system again. If this is possible that would be most champion. thanks ahead of time.

madhavhmk
August 11th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I don't know abt this ubuntu studio thing...but ubuntu has synaptic manager....you can select any packages you want in it. it will download from the server and install them for you...

Partyboi2
August 11th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Hi i just installed Ubuntu Studio. when i installed it i didn't know to press space to select the extra packages so i did not install any of the packages. I would like to install all of the packages and would like to do this without having to reinstall the whole system again. If this is possible that would be most champion. thanks ahead of time.

Hi, you should be able to open a terminal (Applications>Accessories>Terminal) and install the packages with

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-desktop ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins ubuntustudio-graphics ubuntustudio-video linux-rt seems like some people have had problems with the linux-rt package so you might not want to install that package.