PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Dual boot installation problem

coolgoose85
August 10th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Guys i have dv2000 pavillion laptop with phoenix bios version F.2A

I am trying to install Linux OS as dual boot system.....while installation error pops as Hard disk not found.....

I have seen in previous post that people have suggested while degrading from Vista to XP to disable naive support for SATA drive through BIOS.....

In above version BIOS I am unable to find any such option for disabling Naive support for SATA....

Please guide.....

zkriesse
August 10th, 2009, 11:39 PM
If you are trying to install Linux OS as a dual boot what is the other operating system?

coolgoose85
August 12th, 2009, 03:46 AM
vista is already on the system

Yvan300
August 12th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Ok i do not really understand what your errors are and when you are getting them. Can you be more specific??

razorboy5
August 12th, 2009, 05:02 AM
if u have are trying to install Windows XP on ur machine to dual boot but XP is not reading ur hard drive because it is a SATA drive u need a XP version with SATA driver installed on it

if u have a legit version of Windows XP u can add the SATA driver by yourself using a program i believe called nlife (unless u have a floppy drive then u can just insert SATA driver in there :P)
got this info from http://news.softpedia.com/news/Install-Windows-XP-On-SATA-Without-a-Floppy-F6-47807.shtml

roharme
August 12th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Check whether you are getting the HDD Details in the BIOS first.

Then proceed to Installation.

This is imoprtant.