PDA

View Full Version : What do you look for in a browser?

chessnerd
August 10th, 2009, 10:16 PM
I personally use Opera because it is fast, has a strong set of features, and it works on both my Windows computers and Linux computer.

lisati
August 10th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I normally use Firefox, which works well for me on both Windows & ubuntu. And it has a nifty little add-on called xmarks (http://xmarks.com) to help keep bookmarks synchronised.

LunaticHiatus
August 10th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I usually use firefox since firefox has much of a linux mentality over opera. (i.e. customize it the way you like over preinstalled bloat which you are capable of cutting back).

However, I barely use the add-ons and have been searching for something a bit speedier. currently using epiphany.

.Maleficus.
August 10th, 2009, 10:32 PM
For me:

1. Large page viewing area.
2. Fast (rendering and otherwise).
3. Can use Userscripts.
4. Windows and Linux versions are available.

Chrome/Chromium wins for me.

wojox
August 10th, 2009, 10:34 PM
I look for web pages in a browser. :lolflag:

chessnerd
August 10th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I look for web pages in a browser. :lolflag:

Okay, that made me laugh. :D

starcannon
August 10th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I voted other:

I look for a firefox icon on my browser; if I see that, I know its fast enough, feature rich, and has an adblock plugin.

hessiess
August 10th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Easey to make pages look how I want (get rid of white backgrounds) and be highly useble with only the keyboard.

miggols99
August 11th, 2009, 12:09 AM
I like the web browser I use to have

High stability - What's the use of a web browser that crashes all the time?
Standards compliant - Obviously...
Fast - I don't want to be sitting for ages waiting for web pages to load
Doesn't eat at my resources

docetrago
August 11th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I enjoy Swiftweasel, it's Firefox compatible and works fine on Jaunty.

geekygirl
August 11th, 2009, 01:13 AM
I look for pr0n, dodgy warez sites and dodgy torrent sites in a browser..

oh...wait...

I mean I look for good clean wholesome entertainment in a browser..yeah..thats it...

dragos240
August 11th, 2009, 01:17 AM
I love a browser with good rendering, open source, security, and multi-platform.

Woormy
August 11th, 2009, 04:53 AM
I normally use Firefox, which works well for me on both Windows & ubuntu. And it has a nifty little add-on called xmarks (http://xmarks.com) to help keep bookmarks synchronised.

I keep 4 browsers synched with Xmarks. I'm addicted now.

mhh91
August 11th, 2009, 04:57 AM
rendering,speed and availability are the most essential to me :)

roharme
August 11th, 2009, 05:03 AM
No toolbars nothing
handy shortcuts
No Ads.

sdlynx
August 11th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I look for speed and stability. Firefox is a little bit slower than Chrome, so on Windows I used to use Chrome. Then, Chrome started crashing while on Facebook. Now I use Firefox on both Ubuntu and *******.

HappinessNow
August 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I look for web pages in a browser. :lolflag:wojox beat me to the punch! :P

gnomeuser
August 11th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I look for security, stability and performance but also an elegant well designed tool.

The only browser to get this right is Google Chrome.

It's secure, stable, fast and slick to look at, it is truly browser perfection.

HappinessNow
August 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I look for security, stability and performance but also an elegant well designed tool.

The only browser to get this right is Google Chrome.

It's secure, stable, fast and slick to look at, it is truly browser perfection.

Agreed Google Chrome/Chromium blows both Opera and Firefox away!...yet I still use all 3:P

Sand & Mercury
August 11th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Firefox is by far my preferred choice because its add ons make it very very good for web design and debugging.

My prefs, in order:

1. Stable
2. Standards-compliant
3. Extensible
4. Fast
5. Secure

mrgnash
August 11th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I look for a browser that is fast/light on resources, is standards compliant, customizable, secure, stable, and allows for easy keyboard navigation. Unfortunately I'm stuck with Firefox at the moment, even though it chews up resources like nobody's business, because it has Vimperator, Ad/Flashblock, and Noscript. Once all of these, or similar, extensions become available I will switch to using Chrome full-time, because as gnomeuser rightly says: "it is truly browser perfection."