PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Moving maximized windows between monitors

oriz
August 10th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Hey everyone, I just picked up a second monitor for my Linux box and have twinview and everything else working perfectly. I was wondering if there was an option that will allow me to be able to drag or move a maximized window to the other screen without having to "unmaximize", drag it over, then maximize again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone -
oriz

Richardarkless
August 10th, 2009, 09:03 PM
If you got compiz enabled, you should be able to drag it off maximised but dont let go then go to the next monitor and move the cursor to the top then it will maximise automatically

oriz
August 10th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks - but I do not have compiz enabled and personally don't like the feel of the rubber windows. Is it possible without compiz?

ArmenianLeader4
August 10th, 2009, 11:07 PM
No, compiz is the only way, and if you dont like wobbly windows, you don't have to have that feature. It doesnt come standard, its an option and you have to enable it yourself.

AmerNewbieInDE
August 10th, 2009, 11:14 PM
actually, i didnt enable the wobbly windows and i got them by defalt.. but, i am geting used to them.. but i tried to move a maximized window, if you drag it, it goes unmaximised, them as i moved it to another desktop, my video froze...
:P