PDA

View Full Version : searching for programmers

num
August 10th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Ok so I been searching for programmers for a Linux/Ipod Touch project. Essentially I want to create an open source firmware alternative for it. I am working on it but it is a lot of work to do alone. I just finished the library for all the images/icons to be used. But I am not sure where to ask and were to look for programmers, can anyone help?

Liv3dN8as
August 10th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Have you tried se7ensins.com? Someone there might also be able to help.

num
August 10th, 2009, 08:31 PM
i honestly never even heard of that forum, I will check them up thanks. I am curious to know if anyone on here would be interested as well.

num
August 10th, 2009, 08:42 PM
yeah i cannot register on that website. the image vertification isn't working correctly.

num
August 11th, 2009, 12:02 AM
ok i found the iphonelinux source codes, so i am going to revive the project, appreciate anyone's help.

keiichidono
August 11th, 2009, 01:15 AM
If you need a web designer i'm your man.

dragos240
August 11th, 2009, 01:21 AM
There are some great coders here :)

chessnerd
August 11th, 2009, 01:43 AM
I wouldn't mind trying to help. I've only taken a year of high school programming, so my current programming experience is limited to the basics, but I am starting college programming classes this fall. The high school class focused on Java, mainly, but I'd be up to learning a new language if that would be necessary and I'm a fast learner.

Also, if you need an idea guy I could put my creative energy to work. I understand the basic principles behind programs even if I don't necessarily know how to write them, so I could provide the more experienced programmers with some ideas.

I've never worked on an open source project, either, so I don't know much about the culture, jargon, etc. However, if you are willing to be a little patient I would be more than willing to give you my services.

If you are strictly looking for experienced programmers, that's fine too. I'll be learning programming throughout college and so I might look up the project in a few years and offer my services once I've got something more to bring to the table. :)

OutOfReach
August 11th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Hmm, I'm available. I've done Python, C and a bit of C++. :)

ubudog
August 11th, 2009, 02:21 AM
I might be interested. Do you have a site? Or maybe an IRC channel?

ubudog
August 11th, 2009, 02:23 AM
There are some great coders here :)

True.