PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to fix this?

swoll1980
August 10th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Any help would be appreciated.

lisati
August 10th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Hmmm.... looks overexposed or backlit or something of that nature. If this was Windows, I'd suggest the free Kodak Easyshare software which comes with tools for tinkering with such settings but I'm momentarily stumped for Ubuntu-related suggestions.

swoll1980
August 10th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Hmmm.... looks overexposed or more likely backlit.

Can photoshop fix this kind of stupidity?

DeadSuperHero
August 10th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Try tinkering with the contrast/lightness in GIMP, and try also evening out some of the color vibrance?

MikeTheC
August 10th, 2009, 06:33 AM
It's never too late for abstinence!

Giant Speck
August 10th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Condoms.

Oh, crap! You meant the picture! Nevermind!

*shifty eyes*

geekygirl
August 10th, 2009, 06:34 AM
It's never too late for abstinence!

Buy a TV?

Giant Speck
August 10th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Buy a TV?

A TV that is permanently set to one of those low-quality local religious stations.

swoll1980
August 10th, 2009, 07:08 AM
You guys are hilarious. :roll:

speedwell68
August 10th, 2009, 07:43 AM
You could give Google Picasa a try.

Tipped OuT
August 10th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Condoms.

Oh, crap! You meant the picture! Nevermind!

*shifty eyes*

:lolflag:

Firestem4
August 10th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Tried what i could to the picture but coulnd't make it any better. Too much overexposure and my uber-skills with Picasa's I'm Feeling Lucky only go that far..lol

starcannon
August 10th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Tried what i could to the picture but coulnd't make it any better. Too much overexposure and my uber-skills with Picasa's I'm Feeling Lucky only go that far..lol
Lol, you'd need the original to work with, the one thats posted is compressed like mad; it'd be impossible just to get rid of the compression artifacts, then theres over exposure/blowout, focus, a sky that needs painted back in, some grass that will need repaired, etc.. etc.., its could be made into a workable picture, but it does need some help. Gimp or PS should do the trick.
http://www.alibony.com/video/video-lesson21.htm
excellent video tutorial on this; the tricks will work in gimp as well, but will require knowing your way around the gimp ui ps equivs.

GL and have fun.

Tipped OuT
August 10th, 2009, 08:08 AM
This is the best I can do...

Sorry Swoll.

MikeTheC
August 10th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Is this any better, Swoll?

Edit , Pic removed by Admin

JillSwift
August 10th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I tried, Swoll. But, back-lit is back-lit. I lost some detail on clothing trying to get rid of the glare, but I think I pulled out a bit of detail on the faces.

Anyhoo - GIMP to the rescue.

madnessjack
August 10th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Just whack the brightness up as much as possible - the over exposure can't get any brighter

t0p
August 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM

Aww! No fair, admin!

Mike, you should post the pic elsewhere and pm links to everyone. Beat the censor! Beat da Man! ;)

swoll1980
August 10th, 2009, 04:46 PM

My only regret in life is that I didn't get to see that pic.

Thanks for the help guys. Some of those look alot better than they did. I have never used Gimp, or Photoshop before, so I'm sure you could do better than me.

MikeTheC
August 10th, 2009, 07:45 PM
While I have no problems with KiwiNZ's decision to remove the image (it was posted full-ize and consequently large) I do wish UF supported the [timg] tag. Swoll, I'll PM it to you when I get home later. You'll get a laugh out of it.

Tipped OuT
August 10th, 2009, 07:48 PM
My only regret in life is that I didn't get to see that pic.

Thanks for the help guys. Some of those look alot better than they did. I have never used Gimp, or Photoshop before, so I'm sure you could do better than me.

It was the original picture, just edited to say "I (heart) Ubuntu Forums" on one of the T-shirts.