PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] About video card

Piriloko
August 10th, 2009, 02:34 AM
I dont know if this is the right place to ask it.

I noticied some problems in ubuntu that I dont have on windows, problems with games. I already expected problems when I wanted to start with ubuntu. After few minutes of playing, some games lock up my computer. Enemy territory is one of them, after 2 or 3 minutes it locked up my computer. I have the same game on windows and I play it for hours without any problems. My graphic card id Intel Corporation 82945G, I know that this card isnt made for games, but I can play a lot of games without problems using it. I would appreciate some help, thanks.

slooksterpsv
August 10th, 2009, 02:36 AM
When it does lock up can you go to like tty1 or tty2 (CTRL+ALT+F1 or CTRL+ALT+F2, respectively) (there are many tty's). Cause if you can get to one of those and log in, you can see if its eating up CPU usage and kill the process.

Probably the game isn't optimized on Linux or it tries to call something that the video card doesn't recognize and locks up.

Piriloko
August 10th, 2009, 06:50 PM
CTRL+ALT+F1 or CTRL+ALT+F2 doesnt work. I said that games lockups my computer, the only thing I'm able to do is reset! I downloaded a game yesterday, to test it, and it lockup my computer when I started it! I didnt even had time to play it xD the game is AssaultCube. There is any chance of not having the drivers for my video card? Where can I check it?