PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is there a way to assign each file extension type to a different directory?

latinhawk
August 9th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I would like to assign different file extensions to separate folder so that when I chose to save a file while browsing it goes to the assigned folder instead of having to selecr manually to what folder to save the file. Is there a way to do this? Any help will be great ly appreciated. Thanks.

wojox
August 9th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Not in Firefox directly. You may want to check for an add-on from their site though.

Richardarkless
August 9th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I think ubuntu should have the ability to automatically go into the right folders so audio files go under music and pictures go under pictures, this would make finding files alot more easier (except from search) but I guess it would annoy the people that like to put files everywhere and would please the people that put the files in order of type

latinhawk
August 9th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I was thinking on a way where one could arbitrarily decide where different extension would go. That way those who keep things in the standard locations can benefit as well as those who don't.