PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Input Devices Not Working

akacipher
August 9th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Hello,

I am in nascent stages of using UBUNTU. Till now I have been a windows person, However I am very eager to move to an open source OS. There is this one particular problem that stops me always.....

I use a notebook (Lenovo -Y500), whenever I try to use Ubuntu, it fails to detect my Keyboard and touch pad, I have faced this problem with previous edition of UBUNTU and even with the latest Jaunty Jackle edition. I tried Fedora also but I have the some problem. To top it all The first time I tried working with ubuntu, it did detect my keyboard and touch pad both..... same with fedora, however the next time I boot my laptop, it does not do it! In short it detects both only at the time of first boot and not subsequently. I tried running the live CD also tried installing it in my hard drive however the behavior does not change. If I connet a USB mouse or a keyborad then only does it always detect the USB inputs and i can use it. Moreover at the first screen where I have to select the language keyboard works fine it is only after the booting from CD is completed does it stop working...

Can any1 please tell me what the problem might be, and how to solve it? I really wish to get on with Linux..... :(

I can give you anymore inputs if you wish to know, just let me know what u will need!

phillw
August 9th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Hi ...

I found this older posting

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=N_Series_Lenovo_3000&thread.id=161

Refers to an older version of ubuntu, but may be worth a look.

As it is a forum for your series, you may have more success posting there also.

Regards,

Phill.