PDA

View Full Version : Firefox extension browser spoof

unconquerable
January 30th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Long story short, my father wants to use a feature on eBay that gives you code the code needed automatically to post links, color, font changes, any HTML changes that you want to make. Similiar to what we have here when making posts.

The problem is I switched him over from IE to Firefox on his windows computer and ebay does not give that option for firefox.

My question: there was at one time a extension for firefox that would spoof your browser,making firefox appear to be IE or Opera. ANYONE KNOW WHAT ITS NAME IS? I cannot find it on mozilla's extension page, but I was hoping this would do the trick.

Lots os websites seem to be against mozilla as some won't even let him enter saying IE and Safari are the only accepted browsers.

kwaanens
January 30th, 2006, 06:00 PM
That would be User Agent Switcher

- Ketil

unconquerable
January 30th, 2006, 06:01 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU. I could not remember the name for the life of me. Anyone have any idea why this feature would not work in firefox as it seems to be a simple form? Does anyone else have it working in Firefox

Thanks again!

kwaanens
January 30th, 2006, 06:06 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU. I could not remember the name for the life of me.

You're welcome. update.mozilla.org has a pretty good list of topics, so just flipping through them will find many more extensions that are great to have.

- Ketil

aysiu
January 30th, 2006, 06:26 PM
If that's too much trouble for your father, you could also install the IEView extension and make eBay always pop up in Internet Explorer. Then, change the settings in Internet Explorer so that they're all maximum security and make eBay a "trusted site."