PDA

View Full Version : [kde] nm-applet in kde

KhaaL
August 9th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Hi

Since KDE's version of network manager dosent seem to have support for PPTP vpn's, and kvpnc can't disconnect from a VPN once disconnected, I'm forced to use the ordinary nm-applet from gnome. but when I try that, this is the output i get

khaal@Xeraphim:~$ nm-applet

** (nm-applet:16475): WARNING **: <WARN> applet_dbus_manager_start_service(): Could not acquire the NetworkManagerUserSettings service as it is already taken. Return: 3

How can I find out what service that is being used in its place?

Raboch
August 9th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Try removing the network manager plasmoid or quitting knetworkmanager and then launch nm-applet. If that works then you can add nm-applet to start when you log in (system settings, advanced, autostart, add script).

KhaaL
August 9th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Try removing the network manager plasmoid or quitting knetworkmanager and then launch nm-applet. If that works then you can add nm-applet to start when you log in (system settings, advanced, autostart, add script).

That didnt help, i removed nm widget and i still cant start it:

(Reading database ... 246927 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing plasma-widget-network-manager ...
khaal@Xeraphim:~$ nm-applet

** (nm-applet:4324): WARNING **: <WARN> applet_dbus_manager_start_service(): Could not acquire the NetworkManagerUserSettings service as it is already taken. Return: 3

JasenGroves
August 9th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Try this

nm-applet --sm-disable

I've used that in KDE successfully without any troubles.

KhaaL
August 9th, 2009, 06:27 PM
khaal@Xeraphim:~$ nm-applet --sm-disable

** (nm-applet:11084): WARNING **: <WARN> applet_dbus_manager_start_service(): Could not acquire the NetworkManagerUserSettings service as it is already taken. Return: 3

that was after the reinstallation of nm...