PDA

View Full Version : Where is the love?

Rackstar
August 8th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Hi,

I haven't been posting for that long time (only since Februari, I see now, thought it was longer), but was more of the type "long time listener, first time caller".

I'm noticing a rise of hostility on UF the last couple of months... Here in the community forum and in testimonials. I don't follow up on the help sections anymore as I don't have any problems myself anymore ;) (Bad habit, I know)

Is it just me or do some other people notice a change in what was the greatest and warmest community?

bodyharvester
August 8th, 2009, 10:45 AM
ive not been here too long but ive had loads of help, and ive helped others when i could welcoming the newcomers. i dont think ive seen any hostility but i trust the mods to take care of any problems like that

tuskenraider
August 8th, 2009, 10:47 AM
WHADDYA MEAN NO LOVE??? lmao kidding... nah i dont think the mentality has changed with UF.. i lurk here every weekend while im at work. looking for things to break...er fix on my laptop.. and nah everyone seems cheerful and willing to help.

granted you get the occasional spam / fud'der / blah blah i hate linux person but thats to be expected of a forum with 800,000 members.

So.. IDK man.. tho thanks for posting =) (and giving me something to do at 447am lol)

tusken

Rackstar
August 8th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Haha, ok thanks :)

Happy to see that I might be wrong. Maybe I'm just reading more topics that are more likely to have big discussions in it.

tuskenraider
August 8th, 2009, 11:20 AM
wanna see fun cheerful silly ubuntu-ness? bump thread You know your a geek when, things heard in a computer store... pretty much anything in the cafe.

YKYAGW and the computer store threads are my fav.

tusken:popcorn:

stwschool
August 8th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Can't say I've seen any major problems. The occasional troll but they're easily squished in a forum of this size.

XubuRoxMySox
August 8th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I haven't run into anything really "hateful" here. I find this community not only friendly and supportive, but forgiving of mistakes (when they're admitted). You can lose an argument here and still be friends when it's over.

The other stuff, like the Linsux "invasion" is mostly just entertaining rather than disruptive. I think the mods here do an awesome job of keeping UF a place that people want to participate in.

chriskin
August 8th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I haven't run into anything really "hateful" here. I find this community not only friendly and supportive, but forgiving of mistakes (when they're admitted). You can lose an argument here and still be friends when it's over.

The other stuff, like the Linsux "invasion" is mostly just entertaining rather than disruptive. I think the mods here do an awesome job of keeping UF a place that people want to participate in.

by the way, why would losing an argument make people less friendly towards you? after all, to lose it you must have taken part in a conversation, meaning that the possibility of them being more friendly would be bigger

the linsux invasion got tired half way and people pushed it to keep it alive,but it was ok at first, the pointed some rather good problems :)

rudihawk
August 8th, 2009, 01:12 PM
There is lots of love here!