PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Change openoffice panel colors

neglect
August 8th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Hi,

I have a dark theme in ubuntu 9.04. In all of the apps I use i have been able to change font/bg/panel colors to suit the theme (e.g. use white or light panels and such) however openoffice 3.0 causes a bit of a problem for me. Basically I can hardly read the menus, ruler, you name it and i can't seem to change it. The text area itself is fine. How do i change the panels and menus and such to a lighter color?

Does anyone have suggestions for code I might use in my .gtkrc file to fix this?
Is there a way to style specific applications with a different theme?

For now I just open it as root, that way it ignores the theme but obviously this is a workaround.

Tamlynmac
August 8th, 2009, 08:03 PM
You can change almost all attributes (including fonts, appearance, etc.) of OO by going here:
openoffice/tools/options/openoffice.org (select the "+" sign in front of OO.org to open editable sections)

This should change the attributes for all applications (writer, spreadsheet, db, etc.) in OO. Below that are the individual apps and additional attributes for each app.

Good Luck and Hope This Helps

neglect
August 9th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Hi,

To be honest I hadn't found those before. So i have been taking a look at them, changing the colors, but none seem to effect the the buttons and grid. As you mentioned, I can basically change everything, except what I want to change :)

Tamlynmac
August 9th, 2009, 09:56 PM
You might look at this. Gnome Color Chooser is available in the Synaptic Package Manager.

http://gnomecc.sourceforge.net/

I've used it to modify a friend desktop and it actually is simple to use (nice GUI), just don't recall if it will change button colors. I believe it will.

Good Luck