PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] axel proxy authentication help

muscularsage
August 8th, 2009, 05:34 AM
hello guys am yet another ubuntu newbie and am really lovin ubuntu:KS guys cheers for all ur noble work:popcorn:....ive started using axel download accelerator....and am havin an issue....in ma col wifi ive to use a proxy server some times one without authentication( durin night times) and al remainin time hav to use authenication so last night i saw axel give blazing speed and was happy.....but now tis showin http/1.0 407proxy authentication required can u pls help ?

muscularsage
September 7th, 2009, 02:15 AM
can some onne pls answerguys!!!!!!!!!

cariboo
September 7th, 2009, 05:52 AM
I'm not sure if English is a second language for you, but could you try to explain your problem a little better.

From what I understand you have to go through a proxy, and you where using some sort of download accelerator to download files, the next time your tried to download a file you got an error, is that correct?

deltroy
September 21st, 2009, 02:30 AM
I'm not sure if English is a second language for you, but could you try to explain your problem a little better.

From what I understand you have to go through a proxy, and you where using some sort of download accelerator to download files, the next time your tried to download a file you got an error, is that correct?
I got the same error response:

HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required

there's nothing wrong with the config on axelrc, the proxy configuration is the same as my wgetrc and it works well on wget

shankhs
November 27th, 2009, 06:03 AM
ya me too a victim of axel proxy not working!
any help?
i have entered the proxy in axelrc file.