PDA

View Full Version : ftp error

GabrielWolff
January 30th, 2006, 09:08 AM
I have somefiles on a website, which I uploaded via gftp.
When trying to access them through gftp, everything is OK.
But when simply klicking some files in the browser, I get an error message, and when right clicking them and chosing "Save link as", I get the error message: "The link could not be saved. The website migh have been removed or had it's name changed".
Others, in the same format (pdf) load OK

The page is: http://www.majikstreet.org/GabrielWolff/

Does anyone have an idea why?

G

majikstreet
January 30th, 2006, 10:26 PM
I see the beep errors -- I really don't know why that is.. My idea would be to re-upload the stuff that gives you errors.. My other idea would have to do with changing permissions which I could do for you....

I may be wrong, btw.. Hopefully someone will look here and say, oh man he's stupid! I know the answer and reply..

majikstreet

GabrielWolff
January 31st, 2006, 08:05 AM
I see the beep errors -- I really don't know why that is.. My idea would be to re-upload the stuff that gives you errors.. My other idea would have to do with changing permissions which I could do for you....

I may be wrong, btw.. Hopefully someone will look here and say, oh man he's stupid! I know the answer and reply..

majikstreet

Hey Majik

You say the beep errors are not your invention? Funny... like: in the first place, didn't you write that text "beep, you shouldn't bee here, go away"?
I uploaded them once more, but it didn't help much.
What do you mean by "changing permissions"? What permissions?

Thanx

G

majikstreet
January 31st, 2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I did make the beep errors.. I mean I dunno why you are getting them.. it's a access denied type error.

GabrielWolff
February 1st, 2006, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I did make the beep errors.. I mean I dunno why you are getting them.. it's a access denied type error.

And who would get those messages? Who's denied access? Certain IPs?
I mean: I didn't type in no pass or user when trying to access the files, and some of them did open. So you don't need no permission to access any files on that page.

Or am I getting it all wrong?

G

majikstreet
February 1st, 2006, 10:33 PM
nvm.
hold on I will try something..

I just changed permissions (chmod) on the files... it should work now!

GabrielWolff
February 2nd, 2006, 12:49 PM
OK, this worked, thank you :-)
Next question (should be easy ;-))
I want the whole filenames to be displayed. If you look at the page, only the first half of the names are visible.
Can I change that?

G

majikstreet
February 2nd, 2006, 10:02 PM
I dunno...

imagine
February 2nd, 2006, 11:54 PM
Have a look at the IndexOptions NameWidth setting.

http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/195

Of course there are like lots of different ways to change directory listings.