PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kde 4.3 Is Great, But I Have A Few Issues...

izizzle
August 7th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Just got KDE 4.3 on my Kubuntu box and I'm loving it, but I have a few minor issues. First off, I use bespin as my window decoration. Sometimes when I start up a program, like the terminal, the min/max/close buttons are "highlighted"(see thumbnail), but the highlight goes away once I hover over them.

Another problem that I have is with my icon theme. I use the Oxygen-Refit Black (http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Oxygen+Refit+Black?content=89298) icon theme, and when I select it to be used, all the icons are supersized. So, I am stuck with the default Oxygen icons.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

izizzle
August 8th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Bump...

gjoellee
August 8th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Your theme issue looks like a bug, but your super sized icons may be fixed. It depends on where the super sized icons are.

If they are super sized in Dolphin you can just use CTRL + MouseWheel do make the icons smaller or larger. You can use the slider function on the bottom of the window or probably also use the menu at the top of the window.

Oh, you may configure/tweak your Bespin theme by pressing Alt + F4 and run
bespin. You may also use the bespin command in the terminal. You should also check your theme in the KDE settings manager or control panel (whatever you call it). It is shown as "Settings" in the menu.

izizzle
August 8th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the reply. I already had my bespin styles configured to my liking and the problem is still there.

As for the icon issue, I have attatched a thumbnail which displays the problem. The problem only exists with docks/panels, as the icons are correctly sized in Dolphin and other applications.

izizzle
August 9th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Bump...

izizzle
August 10th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Bump...

krazyd
August 10th, 2009, 02:34 AM
2 bumps within 10 hours..?

what's the dock program you're running?

bobmendon
August 10th, 2009, 04:08 AM
2 bumps within 10 hours..?

what's the dock program you're running?

There are only a few thousand users on-line right now so I don't see a problem with the bump. Give the guy a break.

krazyd
August 10th, 2009, 06:55 AM
There are only a few thousand users on-line right now so I don't see a problem with the bump. Give the guy a break.
Chill out bobby, it's just a reminder of netiquette.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=885580&highlight=bump

@izzle
Does this issue appear in the KDE panel?

gjoellee
August 10th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Chill out bobby, it's just a reminder of netiquette.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=885580&highlight=bump

@izzle
Does this issue appear in the KDE panel?

The menu icon is oversized.

izizzle
August 10th, 2009, 04:06 PM
The dock is the Daisy plasmoid (http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Daisy?content=102077). Yes, the issue DOES appear in the KDE Panel (please look at the screenshot in post #4).

Thanks.

gjoellee
August 10th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I can't help you so much with this one anymore, but are the icons still oversized if you change icon theme?

Also if you can change settings for daisy, maybe you should take a look at those.

izizzle
August 10th, 2009, 05:38 PM
The icons work fine with the default KDE Oxygen Icon theme. When I select the Oxygen Refit theme, they become oversized. Daisy does not have any settings related to icon sizes.

krazyd
August 10th, 2009, 07:16 PM
That theme works fine here.

Is it something to do with your .kde/ config? What happens when you revert to default?

izizzle
August 10th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I tried reverting to default, but the same thing happens when I apply the icon theme.

krazyd
August 11th, 2009, 09:38 AM
how did you install it? downloaded from kde-look website, or through the "Get New Themes..." button in System Settings?

izizzle
August 11th, 2009, 05:22 PM
KDE look site.

EDIT: I just used the "Get new themes" button and it works great now! Thanks!

Yet my bespin titlebar buttons problem is still imminent...

izizzle
August 12th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Bump...