PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch Competitor On The Way?

tacantara
August 7th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I found this item in my Inbox tonight, compliments of PC World magazine

http://www.pcworld.com/article/169399/report_iriver_plans_android_ipod_touch_rival_ebook _reader_web_tablet.html?tk=nl_iwx_h_crawl

The story discusses the possibility of iRiver marketing an Android-based touch screen music player, with wi-fi and bluetooth capabilities. The product will include a web browser, and possibly a digital TV tuner, among other things.

Since Android is a Google-designed system, I wonder if this device will sync with Linux-based media software (Banshee, Amarok, et.al.).

Matthewthegreat
August 7th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Cool! If it's good quality and a reasonable price I will buy one.

tom66
August 7th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Since Android is open source it shouldn't be too difficult to get syncing/copying right...

nowin4me
August 7th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I have always wanted to use an android device. But all android devices I have seen run on a (cell/mobile) phone and due to the contracts on them I have been putted off.

But this shouldn't have any contracts and I might just have to buy one depending on how good it is.

Vostrocity
August 7th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Zii vs this.. decisions decisions.

Redache
August 8th, 2009, 01:38 AM
This could be interesting. But it also has the potential to be something that doesn't work well at all.

I wish these companies wouldn't try and compete with a certain product and just innovate. Apple innovated with the Iphone/Ipod touch and gobbled market share. Maybe other companies should try to do the same.