PDA

View Full Version : Time stands still

schauerlich
August 7th, 2009, 03:06 AM
(oh hai, linsux)

So, if you could stop time so that everything around you froze, but you could still move around and manipulate objects/people, what would you do? Remember, at some point, time will start again, meaning you can make things happen instantly (as far as someone else is concerned).

magmon
August 7th, 2009, 03:08 AM
(oh hai, linsux)

So, if you could stop time so that everything around you froze, but you could still move around and manipulate objects/people, what would you do? Remember, at some point, time will start again, meaning you can make things happen instantly (as far as someone else is concerned).

My honest answer is too inappropriate for the public forums.

TheNosh
August 7th, 2009, 03:11 AM
My honest answer is too inappropriate for the public forums.

same

Icehuck
August 7th, 2009, 03:13 AM
As a ninja I can already do this.

DeadSuperHero
August 7th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Well...

I'd probably do all sorts of horrible, heinous things.

But since you're asking, do you know of a way to get this said power?

magh-87
August 7th, 2009, 03:28 AM
There's a good chance that those thoughts could get me locked up in a few countries.. whenever time resumed that is.

hanzomon4
August 7th, 2009, 03:39 AM
pass

lykwydchykyn
August 7th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Refill my coffee, and enjoy the general peace and quiet while continuing to do whatever it was I was doing.

DeadSuperHero
August 7th, 2009, 03:51 AM
If I could freeze and resume time at will, I would pause on school days that I feel particularly lethargic and get some extra sleep in.

Or, I could freeze time and study for tests.

Can I freeze time selectively for people, and work several jobs at once?

magmon
August 7th, 2009, 03:52 AM
I think Id take the time to compile my own arch OS.

TheNosh
August 7th, 2009, 03:55 AM
i would move people and things around, and then restart time just to see everyone be confused.

the key is acting just as confused as they are when time starts back up so they don't think i had anything to do with it.

Katalog
August 7th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Refill my coffee, and enjoy the general peace and quiet while continuing to do whatever it was I was doing.

As perceptually sad as that may seem, I would probably do the same. :D

Bölvağur
August 7th, 2009, 04:12 AM
1. Begin swimming a lot more than I currently do.
2. Become a god without revealing my identity. Freezing and unfreezing the time in such a fashion that people see sentences written on walls by it self.
3. Make people belief they are going insane by moving objects around in the room they are (like gluing a chair to the ceiling for few seconds...)
4. through security and tollgates with no problem... no paying for seeing a film for me any more!
5. Put santahats on everyone on the yule

swoll1980
August 7th, 2009, 05:11 AM
I have 5th amendment rights you know!

JOHNNYG713
August 7th, 2009, 05:26 AM
My bank account would get a considerable enhancement ! and a few people I know would get there comeup'ns ! and a few other things I dare not mention in mixed company! he he he!:lol:

gletob
August 7th, 2009, 05:57 AM
I'd spend a LOT of time learning new programing language and then figure out how to get Folding@Home running on the IBM Roadrunner Supecomputer and be number one forever. That's over a petaflop of power!!!!1111oneone1!1

Then I'd leave that running for a while. Come home and unfreeze. Then during a school day I'd commit a hilarious prank on our two rival high schools.

Then I'd Get high..

Ah life's good.

schauerlich
August 7th, 2009, 06:07 AM
My bank account would get a considerable enhancement !

Although you could no doubt procure quite a bit of money, the problem with stealing things is that people would notice it was gone once time restarted.

Also, I like how 3/4 of the people in this thread are perverts. Just as I predicted. :D

DeadSuperHero
August 7th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Can't help it, man. If I had that kind of power, I wouldn't be posting my life stories on message boards. I'd be doing things that every human institution would despise.

schauerlich
August 7th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Can't help it, man. If I had that kind of power, I wouldn't be posting my life stories on message boards. I'd be doing things that every human institution would despise.

I'd have fun switching people's clothes. Like, go into an office building and put the women's underwear on all of the men and vice versa, start time again, and watch people squirm uncomfortably until they find the right venue to "OMG WTF" in. Or, move people from the shower out into public and restart time. :D

swoll1980
August 7th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Also, I like how 3/4 of the people in this thread are perverts. Just as I predicted. :D

Since no one in this thread actually said anything perverted, perhaps you just have a perverted mind. :wink:

Sealbhach
August 7th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I would hang around Gordon Ramsay's restaurant and anytime he tries cooking anything I would make sure it turns out looking really burnt and crappy.

Barrucadu
August 7th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Oh, godlike things of course. I'd be able to 'teleport' anywhere in the world (no time to sink whilst crossing water), make things appear and disappear, instantly get anything I want…

HappinessNow
August 7th, 2009, 09:45 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=123926&d=1249634676