PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hardware problem ACER Aspire 8730, Intel Wireless 5100AGN

AmerNewbieInDE
August 6th, 2009, 07:33 PM
hello, i have a problem, first i am new to linux and have no idea around it that much. I am using Ubuntu 9.04, on Live persistent USB. I have a new ACER Aspire 8730, Nvidia 9600M, Intel Wireless 5100AGN. I have done availible ubuntu updates and the settings i made are saved and work each startup.

Problem 1.. wireless card is recognised, it sees my network with correct sid and the correct security. But, after i put the key in, it can not connect. I copy and paste the key from the same file i use for all my pc's.

Problem 2.. i have a German laptop, which means german keyboard. If i change the settings to a German keyboard, the 4 buttons on the left for BT, email, browser and RFkill dont work.

and final for now, i tried to do updates for my network printer, HP Photosmart C7280 all in one and also my video card, the updates fail due to not being able to find certain folders or files. I think this is due to the fact of being on Live USB, but not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I am tring to get away from windows. But transition is difficult.